Any Americans want to sign this? (2 Viewers)

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:12
Out of curiosity, which ones?
Guantanamo Bay should be closed ...
Not necessarily. I can see how it's useful.
...and the prisoners either charged or released.
This bit I agree with.

Illegal immigrants should have the right to remain in the USA...
Nope. Illegal is illegal. As far as I'm concerned, you don't get to pikc which laws you want to obey.
... and follow a path created to enable them to earn the right to citizenship
Agree. Leave then re-enter the country and follow some laid out plan to ensure you're there legally.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:12

It's useful only to deny the occupants a fair trial:rolleyes:

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:12
...and the prisoners either charged or released.
This bit I agree with.

Illegal immigrants should have the right to remain in the USA...
Nope. Illegal is illegal. As far as I'm concerned, you don't get to pikc which laws you want to obey.
... and follow a path created to enable them to earn the right to citizenship
Agree. Leave then re-enter the country and follow some laid out plan to ensure you're there legally.

Well, I can't say I agree with you, but I do see how you could find a bit of conflation in those questions.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
It's useful only to deny the occupants a fair trial:rolleyes:
Surely, that's only in the way it's being used? If the people being held were getting a fair trial, etc. what's wrong with the place itself?

I can definitely see the use of having a prison off native soil, if you're housing suspected terrorists.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Well, I can't say I agree with you, but I do see how you could find a bit of conflation in those questions.
So, addressing points seperately, would you say
Guantanamo Bay should/should not be closed
...and the prisoners should/should not be either charged or released.

Illegal immigrants should/should not have the right to remain in the USA...
... and should/should not follow a path created to enable them to earn the right to citizenship

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Surely, that's only in the way it's being used? If the people being held were getting a fair trial, etc. what's wrong with the place itself?

I can definitely see the use of having a prison off native soil, if you're housing suspected terrorists.

You don't find it slightly odd that we supposedly have no foreign relations with Cuba, and as U.S. citizens, are even forbidden to vacation there, and yet we have a huge prison there? You know, when Cuba got hit by two hurricanes in the last two weeks, I was kind of hoping that they would do some damage to that place. No such luck I guess.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
So, addressing points seperately, would you say
Guantanamo Bay should/should not be closed
...and the prisoners should/should not be either charged or released.

Illegal immigrants should/should not have the right to remain in the USA...
... and should/should not follow a path created to enable them to earn the right to citizenship

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

redneckgeek

Local time
Let's see, our economy was roaring along under Clinton, whose economic policies Gore wanted to continue. Our economy is crumbling under Bush, whose economic policies McCain wants to continue. And the logical conclusion is . . .

Economies are going to correct themselves periodically. For the past 4-5 years, the economy was going strong, taxes were lower AND the federal government was pulling in more tax revenue than at any time under Clinton. Unfortunately, Congress (the branch that controls the purse strings) didn't do anything to reign in spending.

Heard an interesting piece of info this morning -
The states of Ohio, Michigan and Illinois lost 83,000 automotive jobs over the past several years. Texas, Florida, Kentucky (and other southern states) picked up 92,000 automotive jobs in the same period.

Guess which states are run by democrats?:rolleyes:

Ohio and Michigan are always near the bottom when it comes to attracting business -because of over-regualtion and taxation.

Oh, and the states that won the jobs... Right To Work states. No unions to force you to overprice your product.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
You mean the "right to work for less" states?

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Oh, and by "refused to reign in spending", I assume you meant that they continued to approve funding bills for the war that this administration dragged us into.

Joe8915

Registered User.
Local time
Right, because our economy is not sinking into oblivion right now. And we get the added bonus of paying one trillion dollars to kill innocent people in another country. :rolleyes:

Now Alisa, when was the last time that YOU was in Irag? So are you saying YOU can tell between innocent and the bad guys. Because if you can, YOU can some big bucks.

redneckgeek

Local time
Oh, and by "refused to reign in spending", I assume you meant that they continued to approve funding bills for the war that this administration dragged us into.

Yes. That's PART of reigning in spending.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Now Alisa, when was the last time that YOU was in Irag? So are you saying YOU can tell between innocent and the bad guys. Because if you can, YOU can some big bucks.

They were all innocent. They didn't do anything to us.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Yes. That's PART of reigning in spending.

So you agree that McCain will continue to not reign in spending by prolonging an unwinnable war, thereby continueing to sink our economy further into the muck?

Rich

Registered User.
Local time

The key word here is SUSPECTED, there's not a shred of evidence against the majority of them that would stand up to scrutiny in the Western world, even in the US

Joe8915

Registered User.
Local time
They were all innocent. They didn't do anything to us.

Just amazing how much you know…….. for a fact about the war. I like to see you go into Veterans hospital and make the same statement that you are making now. I think IF you were to go see my brothers and sisters, with some or no limbs at all. I think you would have a different look on things, or how about being face to face with someone trying to taking you out. You have no freaking clue on what’s going on over there. Alisa, what you are doing, is playing Monday Night Quarterback. But more and more I can understand why you are Obama supporter.

I tried to keep my mouth shut, but sometimes it’s hard to when you have people talking about something they have NO idea what they are talking about.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Since I know so little, maybe you can enlighten me. Exactly what did the Iraqis do to us?

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Just amazing how much you know…….. for a fact about the war. I like to see you go into Veterans hospital and make the same statement that you are making now. I think IF you were to go see my brothers and sisters, with some or no limbs at all. I think you would have a different look on things, or how about being face to face with someone trying to taking you out. You have no freaking clue on what’s going on over there. Alisa, what you are doing, is playing Monday Night Quarterback. But more and more I can understand why you are Obama supporter.

I tried to keep my mouth shut, but sometimes it’s hard to when you have people talking about something they have NO idea what they are talking about.
Do remind us why you were in their country to start with?:confused:

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 00:12
Just took the quiz.

Wow. What. A. Useless. Quiz. I've. Ever. Seen.

I got -58 for OB and 18 for JC. But it was just either OB or JC. What if I wanted Fidel Castro to be my president?!? :mad:

And the first section... Wow. Talk about fluff. To weigh on a candidate on basis if he has smoked pot or is a divorcee... *headdesk*

[Ballmer]Substance, substance, substance![/Ballmer]

Joe8915

Registered User.
Local time
Since I know so little, maybe you can enlighten me. Exactly what did the Iraqis do to us?

Alisa, this not the time nor the place. You are so wrap up in this election with Hussein Obama. When election is over, I think it would be a good time. You are to wrap to tight, to even try discuss.

Alisa, don't expect me to know what’s going on. I have not been to Iraq, not that I didn't try, but my age kind of put me out, as well as other .......

If you want the real truth, go to a Veterans Hospital and talk with my brothers and sisters, they will tell you. Believe me, you will have a complete different outlook.

I know I do, because I try to go once a month and it takes me 3 weeks to pull myself together.

Just remember the media only shows what will make there rating for that week

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom