Any Americans want to sign this? (1 Viewer)

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
, 18:42
LOL I swear Glenn Beck said the EXACT same thing this morning. I'm willing to bet that the two of you were referring to different halves.:D

The problem with Glenn is that what he calls a fact changes on a daily basis. For instance, when Obama was first running for president, Glenn spent months complaining about his lack of experience, but when McCain picked Palin, he was all for bringing someone from "outside" the beltway.

Speaking of facts (or the lack thereof), did you watch O'Reilly's interview of Obama?

redneckgeek

Local time
, 20:42
The problem with Glenn is that what he calls a fact changes on a daily basis. For instance, when Obama was first running for president, Glenn spent months complaining about his lack of experience, but when McCain picked Palin, he was all for bringing someone from "outside" the beltway.
I agree he "flip-flopped" on that one. But that was more changing his opinion than anything factual. I like him because he goes after both parties, and he's got a sense of humor about it.

Speaking of facts (or the lack thereof), did you watch O'Reilly's interview of Obama?
I don't have cable. Never seemed to be worth the $40 a month.
I would have like to seen that one, though.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
I agree he "flip-flopped" on that one. But that was more changing his opinion than anything factual. I like him because he goes after both parties, and he's got a sense of humor about it.

I don't have cable. Never seemed to be worth the $40 a month.
I would have like to seen that one, though.
I have to admit that there have been isolated instances in which I agreed with one of Glenn's points. Mostly when he complains about the nonsense that goes on on Washington and how we the people see to have lost control over the government. But his "opinions" on things like climate change, drilling in ANWAR, etc are based on anything BUT facts.
I never said I paid :)
I would bet $40 that someone has put it on Youtube right now. I thought it was funny because he was so proud of himself for giving Obama a "tough" interview, he practically patted himself on the back. Apparently, the definition of a "tough" interview is asking a question about a complicated subject, and then not allowing the interviewee to answer it. Oh well, didn't really expect anything better than that from O'Reilly anyhow.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:42
The democratic party there will make sure you can not only vote, but they'll count your vote several times!
Didn't the Republicans do something similar about 8yrs ago that will have repercussions on America for generations to come?:confused:

redneckgeek

Local time
Didn't the Republicans do something similar about 8yrs ago that will have repercussions on America for generations to come?:confused:

That's the opinoin of some. Guess they'll never know for sure.:rolleyes:
Personally, I think we dodged a bullet there. I shudder to think what the state of the economy would be now with him in charge. "Regulate and Tax all businesses into oblivion" was his policy.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
That's the opinoin of some. Guess they'll never know for sure.:rolleyes:
Personally, I think we dodged a bullet there. I shudder to think what the state of the economy would be now with him in charge. "Regulate and Tax all businesses into oblivion" was his policy.

Right, because our economy is not sinking into oblivion right now. And we get the added bonus of paying one trillion dollars to kill innocent people in another country. :rolleyes:

redneckgeek

Local time
Right, because our economy is not sinking into oblivion right now.

That's not to say it couldn't be sinking faster. Much needed correction as far as I'm concerned. It's time banks (and the govt) learned that there's a reason for credit ratings, and you can't just loan money to everybody.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Just for fun: my scores were 114 BO, -84 JM. Anyone else want to try and report back?
66 BO -60 JM, but it doesn't matter as I'm not eligible to vote in the US :)
A few questions where I was hard pressed to pick an option, as it combined two or more points where I agreed with one but disagreed with another.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Right, because our economy is not sinking into oblivion right now. And we get the added bonus of paying one trillion dollars to kill innocent people in another country. :rolleyes:
Another two countries;)

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
66 BO -60 JM, but it doesn't matter as I'm not eligible to vote in the US :)
A few questions where I was hard pressed to pick an option, as it combined two or more points where I agreed with one but disagreed with another.

Out of curiosity, which ones?

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
That's not to say it couldn't be sinking faster. Much needed correction as far as I'm concerned. It's time banks (and the govt) learned that there's a reason for credit ratings, and you can't just loan money to everybody.

That's not to say we couldn't be doing much better right now. What's your point?

Oh, and our current administration is preventing the corporations from learning their lesson by bailing everyone and their brother out with MY tax dollars. :mad:

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Just for fun: my scores were 114 BO, -84 JM. Anyone else want to try and report back?

BO 98.....................JM-78 :cool:

redneckgeek

Local time
That's not to say we couldn't be doing much better right now. What's your point?
My point (or belief) is that we would NOT be doing better economically under Gore.

Oh, and our current administration is preventing the corporations from learning their lesson by bailing everyone and their brother out with MY tax dollars. :mad:

Agreed-they really should just let them fail. I'm guessing the Big 3 are next in line for Federal $$$.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
It will be another 4 countries if Sarah and whats his name have their way :mad:

Yeah but she'll help keep the wildlife down and make sure her former Brother in law doesn't get another job;)

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
My point (or belief) is that we would NOT be doing better economically under Gore.

Agreed-they really should just let them fail. I'm guessing the Big 3 are next in line for Federal $$$.

Let's see, our economy was roaring along under Clinton, whose economic policies Gore wanted to continue. Our economy is crumbling under Bush, whose economic policies McCain wants to continue. And the logical conclusion is . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom