Append query fails on validation rule violations (1 Viewer)

CoffeeGuru

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:33
Hi
Anyone have any idea why I get this message:

I am running an Append query which basically looks for records in my OPPORTUNITY table where the EVENT DATE is this month and the STATUS = invoice and INVOICED is False

What I want to do is to copy these to my INVOICES table ready for a mail merge with word (then set INVOICED to true - but I'm doing that bit in another query)

When I View the query - as in Datasheet View, I get the correct result but when I run the query I get Append query fails on validation rule violations

• I have a Key field which is AutoNumber that is not part of the Append Query
  • All my fields in INVOICE are set to max where text
  • Integers are set to Long Integer
  • Indexed is always set to NO - with the exception of the Key
  • Required is always set to NO
  • Allow zero length is always set to YES
This is my Append Query
Code:
INSERT INTO Invoices ( ContactID, Status, Company, Address, Town, County, PostalCode, Event, EventDate, Performer, InvoiceDate )
SELECT Contacts.ContactID, "Invoiced" AS Status, Contacts.School, Contacts.Address, Contacts.Town, Contacts.County, Contacts.[Postal Code], Opportunities.Event, Opportunities.EventDate, Opportunities.Performer, Now() AS InvDate
FROM Contacts INNER JOIN Opportunities ON Contacts.ContactID = Opportunities.ContactID
WHERE Year([Opportunities].[EventDate])=Year(Now()) 
 AND Month([Opportunities].[Eventdate])=Month(Now())
 AND Opportunities.OppStatus Like "Inv*" 
 AND Opportunities.Invoiced=False;

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:33
how about if you re-arrange them:
Code:
INSERT INTO Invoices ( ContactID, Status, Company, Address, Town, County, PostalCode, Event, EventDate, Performer, InvoiceDate )
SELECT Contacts.ContactID, "Invoiced" AS Status, Contacts.School, Contacts.Address, Contacts.Town, Contacts.County, Contacts.[Postal Code], Opportunities.Event, Opportunities.EventDate, Opportunities.Performer, Now() AS InvDate
FROM Opportunities LEFT JOIN Contacts ON Opportunities.ContactID = Contacts.ContactID
WHERE Format([Opportunities].[EventDate], "yyyymm")= Format(Date(), "yyyymm")
 AND Opportunities.OppStatus Like "Inv*" 
 AND Opportunities.Invoiced=False;

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:33
on the part "FROM Opportunities" since this is the table where you want to get the update from. also changed INNER JOIN to Left Join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom