Are you an atheist? (6 Viewers)

Are you an atheist?

• Total voters

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:10
Doc, Blade isn't even telling the truth on his Bible quote:

At no point is it stated that Israel will be born again in 2520 years. In fact, it pretty explicitly points out that the city has 390 years of sin (whatever the hell that means) and that the people of Judah have sinned for 40 years. Nothing in there states that you then multiply by seven.

Frothy:

Do you not think that after some 70 + (360*7) years in punishment, God will not bring his people together. Isaiah prophesied this happening in the 8th century BC. (800 to 700 BC), a few hundred years before their captivity in Babylon 581BC.

It (the Holy Bible) is a Designer Book, everything in it has a meaning and we are just now getting wise enough to realize this.

Have a good evening.
Blade

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 05:10
Frothy:

Do you not think that after some 70 + (360*7) years in punishment, God will not bring his people together. Isaiah prophesied this happening in the 8th century BC. (800 to 700 BC), a few hundred years before their captivity in Babylon 581BC.

It (the Holy Bible) is a Designer Book, everything in it has a meaning and we are just now getting wise enough to realize this.

Have a good evening.
Blade

You're still adding in numbers that aren't in the text in order to force meaning that doesn't exist into the Bible.

Also, "Allah" literally translates to 'God'. Arabs, Jews, and Christians worship the same god, no matter how much you refuse to accept that fact.

Also, you may be interested that the Aramaic word for "God" (you know, the word Jesus would have used should he have actually existed) is 'Alaha'.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 11:10
Am still waiting for a posting from the almighty on Facebook and also on her 1-800 number. Don't be shy!

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
You're still adding in numbers that aren't in the text in order to force meaning that doesn't exist into the Bible.

Also, "Allah" literally translates to 'God'. Arabs, Jews, and Christians worship the same god, no matter how much you refuse to accept that fact.

Also, you may be interested that the Aramaic word for "God" (you know, the word Jesus would have used should he have actually existed) is 'Alaha'.
You stated there was no where in the Bible that the multiplication of 7 was warranted but I give you the facts and pointers to them. You don't believe.

You tells us that God did not foretell the gathering of his people (in this case a second time) and I gave you the facts and pointed you to them. You still do not believe. p.s. he will gather them a third time, the last time.

Now you simply give me a broad range denial that I am using fuzzy math.. Those numbers are still there including those of Daniel's Prophecies concerning the second coming of Jesus himself. Oh, well you will never believe!. Very Unfortunate

Now you are telling me that Allah is the same God (YW/WH) the Holy Bible speaks of and I am going to give you the facts that Allah ( the moon god) was worshiped pre-Islam among some 350-60 other gods,,,RA, Zeus, etc......... we have both archaeological proof and historical records (outside of the bible),,,remember the Bible was not written at this time in history.

In Joshua 24: 1-2, he called his people together and spoke about Abram's father and others worshiping other Gods.

I give you a non-biblical article: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/554692/postsThe

And I give you an article from a Biblical Organization: They are both pretty much the same. http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/moongod.htm

Have a great day!

Blade

Last edited:

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
No, you pointed me to a verse that doesn't say what you claim it does. Nothing in those verses says "then multiply by seven and then convert to use 365.25 instead of 360".

This is normal for you - your 'arguments' here have done nothing but show your complete and utter lack of understanding of the contents of the Bible you worship.

Just as you're making up this nonsense about a moon god because you cannot accept the FACT that 'Allah' is nothing more than Arabic for 'God'. All you need to do is speak to ANYONE who knows even a smattering of Arabic, or any linguist, or for that matter, anything listing the etymology of the bloody word. Any non-Islamophobic religious scholar will even be able to tell you that Allah, Jehovah, Jaweh, Jehosaphat, and JWVH all refer to the same God. That's why Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are referred to as the three Abrahamic religions, or alternatively as the People of the Book.

You really must learn to stop making up your own imaginary facts; all that happens when you do that is you undercut your own arguments.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Am still waiting for a posting from the almighty on Facebook and also on her 1-800 number. Don't be shy!
Spikepl your statements remind me of a character in the movie " Independence Day". When the screen showed the alien ship above the empire state building, this character made her way up to the top (where others were having a party), looked up and said something like "preeeeettttty" just before the death ray took their life. In this case, her life was all about the feel good syndrome

To be fair to you, you may not be like this at all, but rather try to project this as what you are or maybe what you want to be. If this is the case, you are doing a bang-up job of it.

Have a nice day
Blade

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
As a Christian I urge all non-believers to read the seven letters Jesus wrote to the 7 churches in the area. Rem. that he speaks of a church as an assembly of people. Each person to his own. These are located in Revelations chapters 2 and 3.

Have a Great day.

Blade

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 11:10
@Libre

Thanks man. Will have to see what God has to say about The Flying Spaghetti Monster and especially Russel's Teapot (..." between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit").

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
God posts on FB regularly, and in fact I love His posts so much that I subscribed and I follow Him,

https://www.facebook.com/TheGoodLordAbove

Indeed, I make a point of checking His posts regularly.

Even if His posts weren't routinely awesome, the help He provides those in trouble, especially the suicidal folks who regularly contact Him, warrants His support.

Libre

been around a little
Local time
@Libre

Thanks man. Will have to see what God has to say about The Flying Spaghetti Monster and especially Russel's Teapot (..." between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit").

His attitude about the FSM and Russel's Teapot are right in line with (if I might assume) ours.
He regularly smites ultra religious assholes like that clerk in Tennessee or Kansas or whatever who wouldn't issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
In fact, God is an atheist.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Spike, He'd probably tell you that He and the FSM are on great terms (I seem to recall Him reposting when someone was allowed to wear a colander in their driver's license photo).

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Also, He regularly puts up 'God Loves Gays' billboards in ultra-conservative areas.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Here is a poem from Gothic Medievel times that is appropriate for the US and any other country that once trusted in God. It will also fit individuals.

You call me eternal, then do not seek me.
You call me fair, then do not love me.
You call me gracious, then do not trust me.
You call me just, then do not fear me.
You call me life, then do not choose me.
You call me light, then do not see me.
You call me Lord, then do not respect me.
You call me Master, then do not obey me.
You call me merciful, then do not thank me.
You call me mighty, the do not honor me.
You call me noble, then do not serve me.
You call me rich, then do not ask me.
You call me Savior, then do not praise me.
You call me shepherd, then do not follow me.
You call me the way, then do not walk with me.
You call me wise, then do not heed me.
You call me Son of God, then do not worship me.
When I abandon you, then do not blame me.

Have a good day!

Blade

Libre

been around a little
Local time
Here is a poem from Gothic Medievel times that is appropriate for the US and any other country that once trusted in God. It will also fit individuals.

Have a good day!

Blade

-I don't call you eternal.
-Fair? Gimme a freakin break.
-I don't trust spirits.
-Just? Gimme a freakin break.
-Freedom of choice is what I understand you supposedly gave us - uhhh, right?
-You don't show yourself and then ask why we don't see you?
- I don't call you or anybody "Lord".
-I don't call you or anybody "Master".
-Okay thank you, if you think you're merciful.
-High and mighty is about right.
-Yeah, you're right about that - the service around here is terrible.
-Because When you ask the rich to share with you they usually tell you to f*ck off.
-Oh, it's praise you want? Okay. You're a fine hypothetical diety, really.
-Allan Shepard was the first American in space. Could not follow without a space suit.
-You wanna walk with me then walk with me. It would be nice if you just gave me a little nudge so I knew you were there.
-If you would talk I'd listen.
-The worship of abstract constructions is not high on my list.
-I won't blame you if you won't blame me.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
[
QUOTE=Libre;1457586]You call me eternal, then do not seek me.
-I don't call you eternal.
-Fair? Gimme a freakin break.
-I don't trust spirits.
-Just? Gimme a freakin break.
-Freedom of choice is what I understand you supposedly gave us - uhhh, right?
-You don't show yourself and then ask why we don't see you?
- I don't call you or anybody "Lord".
-I don't call you or anybody "Master".
-Okay thank you, if you think you're merciful.
-High and mighty is about right.
-Yeah, you're right about that - the service around here is terrible.
-Because When you ask the rich to share with you they usually tell you to f*ck off.
-Oh, it's praise you want? Okay. You're a fine hypothetical diety, really.
-Allan Shepard was the first American in space. Could not follow without a space suit.
-You wanna walk with me then walk with me. It would be nice if you just gave me a little nudge so I knew you were there.
-If you would talk I'd listen.
-The worship of abstract constructions is not high on my list.
-I won't blame you if you won't blame me.
[/QUOTE]

I see you have chosen, Satan (Lucifer) will be happy.

Have a nice day

Blade

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:10
Blade: from context, Spike probably meant "belong" as in "putting women in their place."

I skimmed through the article in the link, which works OK for me. Blade, were you trying to access the article from home or from work? Because office environments can put blocks on specific sites that would not apply from a home site.

If you were to read the article, you would see that is the usual religious bull-dinkey about the man being the lord and master of his household and the woman has to submit to her husband on demand, whether she likes it or not.

The article put out an interesting concept because it was trying to define "phobeo" as "revere" rather than "fear" - but if that is correct, I wasn't able to find the alternate definition on-line. When the articles say that Man must fear God, the author was trying to say that this was intended as "respectful fear" or "reverential deference" - and it went on about how women should hold their husbands in the same attitude as the attitude of men to God. Which of course implies that women are second-class beings who don't even have the right to directly fear God if they were married, because they must first fear their husbands. Of COURSE the modern apologists will try to soften the way that religion treats women because the women are getting wise enough to not put up with that kind of bull-dinkey.

The event in question happened long ago, perhaps before I was born. I know I don't recall when it actually happened, but the passage of the Equal-Rights amendment that decreed equal rights for women and men must have totally infuriated the religious whack-jobs of that time period. It meant that the religious view of how men could treat women was no longer quite so one-sided. But then of course, that pioneer of women's rights, Lorena Bobbit, demonstrated the way to use scissors when it became necessary to cut her bum of a husband down to size. Now THERE was a woman who correctly understood the word "fear."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom