Are you an atheist? (2 Viewers)

Are you an atheist?

• Total voters

tehNellie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:58
Bladerunner, the formatting has gone a little wrong somewhere, but I'll do my best.

You're right there is no evidence against a god, there's none for one that I can see either, especially when there are several apparently vying for our attention, some even apparently fighting amongst themselves.

Jesus as a historical figure is still a matter for some debate. I'm convinced he existed as a person regardless of what "lefties" or "liebruls" say.

The vatican and the USA absolutely "dictate" how things will be done. US polls suggest that general opinion holds atheists lower than child rapists. really? Do I really need to delve any deeper than now into the catholic church?

The only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ!. Think of it as someone that does not like you, chastises you, mocks you and yes even hates you. Are you going to offer them a seat at your table when things get hard?????
I might, a lot of "Christians" won't nor will people of other faiths. I like Jesus, I don't see him in many christian "churches" though I do in a lot of people.

just being good to people will only get you the appreciation of the people you helped or were good to. It will not get you into heaven!
It's not for you to judge ultimately is it?
And here is where I have a problem; "your" god is an arsehole and one that I want nothing to do with. It's a god of narrow minded spite, anger and persecution. Where's the god of Jesus or Mohammed?

Last edited:

tehNellie

Registered User.
Local time
just being good to people will only get you the appreciation of the people you helped or were good to. It will not get you into heaven!

What's the net benefit to your God?

Why does it care what I do?

What if I don't care about its threats because I like that one over there? what If I try it and don't like it? Free market religion, surely america couldn't ask any less? take the islam challenge. 9/10 prefer islam but they keep going christian, with a side order of Isreal. go figure..

Last edited:

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 12:58
Bladerunner, the formatting has gone a little wrong somewhere, but I'll do my best.

You're right there is no evidence against a god, there's none for one that I can see either, especially when there are several apparently vying for our attention, some even apparently fighting amongst themselves.

Jesus as a historical figure is still a matter for some debate. I'm convinced he existed as a person regardless of what "lefties" or "liebruls" say.

The vatican and the USA absolutely "dictate" how things will be done. US polls suggest that general opinion holds atheists lower than child rapists. really? Do I really need to delve any deeper than now into the catholic church?

I might, a lot of "Christians" won't nor will people of other faiths. I like Jesus, I don't see him in many christian "churches" though I do in a lot of people.

It's not for you to judge ultimately is it?
And here is where I have a problem; "your" god is an arsehole and one that I want nothing to do with. It's a god of narrow minded spite, anger and persecution. Where's the god of Jesus or Mohammed?

If your right, I will never know. If I am right you will know

nanscombe

Registered User.
Local time
I'm frankly amazed that 16% say that they're atheist and not even conclusive proof of a divine being would change their mind. I'm atheist simply because the best evidence points to there not being a divine being.

There may well be conclusive proof of the existence of an advanced being, who could exhibit godlike powers, but that wouldn't mean they were a god.

Some events from the Bible could now be seen as routine medical achievements but were considered as miraculous to people two thousand years ago, it doesn't make doctors into gods.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:58
White Europeans were thought to be Gods when they descended from the sky's in silver birds. Same with the Spanish. We could be 180 degrees off in our belief in God(s).

Yes and how old is man? How old is the universe as we know it today?

we are talking about one creator who created all things and gave his accounting of the actual creation in writing to Moses back about 3-4000 years ago.

And yes it is fair to say we have had alien visitors from the stars. With a billion planets in our own galaxy, we are not the only ones and we are not the oldest.

Unfortunately for some, especially the higher educated who are so arrogant these days that they know it all and have all the answers. Therefore they scoff at those that would pray to a unseen deity and even try to destroy those places where these apparently ignorant people meet. They ignore all the warnings of the last days and they can find no refuge in the fact the Son of God, a human man walked among us not 2000 year ago. For these people I pity, because they have the knowledge to seek out the truth yet hide the truth in meaningless words and phrases meant to destroy the very faith that could save their souls to eternal life.

To end, a word from Charles Dickens and Tiny Tim: "God Bless Us All".

nanscombe

Registered User.
Local time
"gave his accounting of the actual creation in writing to Moses back about 3-4000 years ago" ...

One might ask what was God doing for the rest of the 4,500,000,000 years (age of the earth) or 13,800,000,000 years (age of the universe)?

ETA:
Maybe some advanced alien race did make the Earth out of a cloud of floating gas and debris, by using some process of terraforming, that still wouldn't make them gods.

Last edited:

nanscombe

Registered User.
Local time
It could be somewhat difficult to reconcile the existence of God with the disbelief in the concept of gods.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:58
White Europeans were thought to be Gods when they descended from the sky's in silver birds. Same with the Spanish. We could be 180 degrees off in our belief in God(s).

The people of the Pacific Islands thought James Cook was a god. Unfortunately for Cook those in Hawaii decided to test their hypothesis with a spear on his last visit.

If he lived then he was a god. If he died then he wasn't and it was no real loss.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
"gave his accounting of the actual creation in writing to Moses back about 3-4000 years ago" ..

One at a time Gentlemen: lol

One might ask what was God doing for the rest of the 4,500,000,000 years (age of the earth) or 13,800,000,000 years (age of the universe)?

Creating?

ETA:
Maybe some advanced alien race did make the Earth out of a cloud of floating gas and debris, by using some process of terraforming, that still wouldn't make them gods.

Terra-forming for one planet is a lot of difference in terra-forming billions of planets, stars, etc. in billions of Galaxies. They may have that ability but all that shows is that they are older than we are.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Okay so here is my question. hypothetically speaking, if you could question an alien do you think he would know who Jesus is? And if they said after millions of years looking they found no evidence of God then what?

Why would they, They are not from here or human. Jesus was sent to the human race. Now the question is, would they have a Jesus of their own? Next time you see one, ask him/her or IT!

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
who said the earth is 4,500,000,000 year?

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
For these people I pity, because they have the knowledge to seek out the truth yet hide the truth in meaningless words and phrases meant to destroy the very faith that could save their souls to eternal life.

That is the burden of your belief. That the millions who don't align with the creed you subscribe to face an interminably wretched fate. I pity those who have had this burden pressed upon them.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
That is the burden of your belief. That the millions who don't align with the creed you subscribe to face an interminably wretched fate. I pity those who have had this burden pressed upon them.

again Dan-Cat: would you welcome someone in your house knowing that they hate, loath, scuff at you, belittle you? Right now no-one knows that heaven is actually like or hell for that matter. All we have is the written word handed down from a being that created all things. You do not have to believe. In the end it will be between you and Jesus that is if you get the chance.

If you are alive when the 'end of days' begin, you will have a choice to take the mark or not. again it all boils down to your choice. I personally do not disparage anyone for sticking to their 'guns' so to speak. After all you are human, 95% of the same DNA runs through your blood as does mine.

p.s. I have found that most people who do not believe in the Christian faith either are ignorant of His word or are living a lifestyle that can not coexist with the written word.

They in most cases are very angry and many (not all) of those that are angry become activist with the purpose to force their will upon everyone else and of course destroy Christianity on the way.

Especially in the USA, activist groups are chipping away at the very foundation that made this country what it was just a few years ago. The center of this is the God issue and anything to do with the Christian Religion. (i.e a Cross on Public land).

In reality, if you do not believe it is 'no skin off my nose'. I and most Christians will treat you respect, tolerance and will offer you a seat in our house in hopes of getting to 'see the light'. If you are to be accepted in His house, the Burden of choice is on you.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
again Dan-Cat: would you welcome someone in your house knowing that they hate, loath, scuff at you, belittle you? Right now no-one knows that heaven is actually like or hell for that matter. All we have is the written word handed down from a being that created all things. You do not have to believe. In the end it will be between you and Jesus that is if you get the chance.

If you are alive when the 'end of days' begin, you will have a choice to take the mark or not. again it all boils down to your choice. I personally do not disparage anyone for sticking to their 'guns' so to speak. After all you are human, 95% of the same DNA runs through your blood as does mine.

p.s. I have found that most people who do not believe in the Christian faith either are ignorant of His word or are living a lifestyle that can not coexist with the written word.

They in most cases are very angry and many (not all) of those that are angry become activist with the purpose to force their will upon everyone else and of course destroy Christianity on the way.

Especially in the USA, activist groups are chipping away at the very foundation that made this country what it was just a few years ago. The center of this is the God issue and anything to do with the Christian Religion. (i.e a Cross on Public land).

In reality, if you do not believe it is 'no skin off my nose'. I and most Christians will treat you respect, tolerance and will offer you a seat in our house in hopes of getting to 'see the light'. If you are to be accepted in His house, the Burden of choice is on you.

well said!

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

What is a lifestyle that doesn't coexist with the written word?

Col

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
You would think the creator of the universe (God), the Holly Trinity would be universally known by higher beings though out our vast universe.

Maybe there a special limbo for non earthlings who are atheist. After all they could not be allowed to get off scot-free right?

HEY,,, you been talking to aliens???????????????????????? did not know this, You right, he should be know throughout the universe. Guess I was wrong. I will have to amend my assumptions based on this new knowledge that aliens know nothing of God or an omnicreator?

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
What is a lifestyle that doesn't coexist with the written word?

Col

serial killers for one. Another accounts for the most numerous variant lifestyle of all (the Prostitute) ?

Ah, Colin,,,,,,, your baiting me aren't you, you ole geezer!////// lol

You are well aware of all the lifestyles that live outside of the ten commandments, written by the "finger of God" and the teachings of Jesus Christ. If not, I have a KJV bible, I will send you! Then you can read it for yourself.

tehNellie

Registered User.
Local time
Especially in the USA, activist groups are chipping away at the very foundation that made this country what it was just a few years ago.

I agree what you say here. The US constitution guarantees freedom of religion while also enshrining the separation of religion and state. That is amazing. "You" can believe whatever you want and the state can't dictate otherwise. That right was enshrined nearly 300 years ago.

The US needs to protect itself from militant Christians who'd deprive non Christians of their rights and seem especially keen on suppressing the rights of women and getting the constitution amended to reflect that. You should fight that with all your stockpiled guns because look at Isis, we created that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom