Ascii Codes (1 Viewer)

tmyers

Local time
Today, 10:15
F1 through F12 are not really ASCII.

I see. Makes sense as to why I was struggling to find them then.
I am just doing to QoL stuff on some forms, and am trying to tie function keys to various buttons on my header for ease of use.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:15
Does this help?

Mike Krailo

Local time
DBGuys website inspired me to do this:
1614268412676.png

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:15
That's is really useful, Mike. Needs to be a sticky somewhere!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
and am trying to tie function keys to various buttons on my header for ease of use.
If you have people who do heads down data entry, then having function keys can be useful. If people type and use the mouse, they don't add much. Personally the only function keys I use are cntl-c, cntl-v, cntl-d which are somewhat universal in Office. I found when moving from the mainframe to the PC that some of the function keys I used most frequently were positively dangerous when used in an Office app. Think long and hard before embarking on this path.

I have created macros in Word because I write about bridge hands (a game) frequently and I like to use the suit symbols. Rather than having to open up the windings dialog, pick the code and insert it and then colorize it - hearts and diamonds are red, was a pain so I made 4 functions.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Here is a new version of the keyboard keycodes that I recreated as a vector drawing. This way the printed image will look cleaner and I even lighted up the Num Lock for good measure. :) Enjoy!

1614355572231.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom