Australia's greatest rugby team (1 Viewer)

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:58
Ah, you Poms, your cities are as booring as your rugby teams

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 13:58
Now if you are going to get critical when I visited Oz I found it a pale copy of the US and I always prefer originals.

Brian

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Now if you are going to get critical when I visited Oz I found it a pale copy of the US and I always prefer originals.

Brian

Another whingeing pom we wont have to put up
Oh dear, how sad, never mind

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Oh dear, do Aussies call everybody who mildly criticises something about Oz, even during banter, a whinger? I guess that says alot about them.

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Leicester was in the midlands last time I looked.

There's little difference between the Midlands and the North, but in both, just having an inside toilet is a luxury. Fortunately when we lived in Leicester, we had a 4 bedroom detached house in a decent area, so we didn't witness too much of the slummy areas.

Plus, the Midlands and the North are both full of people who struggle to speak English correctly - it's so frustrating not being able to communicate with the natives. Fortunately though, there are people there from overseas with whom one can have a decent conversation.

I suppose there are cobbled streets , flat caps and whippets, I just cannot recall when I last saw any.

Well I suppose that is more the Yorkshire area than Liverpool.

Still we do have something in common - both Bristol and Liverpool made huge wealth on slavery. In Bristol we have many grand houses and areas that were built with the money from selling slaves to the USA. Those days are gone now.

Col

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time

Brian

On a subject, you will ALL note, completely unrelated to rugby:

Having been a contributor to blaming the US for all our financial problems

and having a keen interest in how the UK general public were appalled at the largesse the UK bankers granted themselves: it is now with a greater interest I note the UK politicians whose job it was to oversee the bankers have been happily feathering their own nests for the last ????? years:

What was the last ACTUAL contribution the UK made to the worlds progress?????????

Attacking rugby certainly wasn't one of them!!

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
On a subject, you will ALL note, completely unrelated to rugby:

Having been a contributor to blaming the US for all our financial problems

and having a keen interest in how the UK general public were appalled at the largesse the UK bankers granted themselves: it is now with a greater interest I note the UK politicians whose job it was to oversee the bankers have been happily feathering their own nests for the last ????? years:

What was the last ACTUAL contribution the UK made to the worlds progress?????????

Attacking rugby certainly wasn't one of them!!
Don't remember you winning the Rugby World Cup in 2003:D

At least in Britain we name and shame those with snouts in the trough and don't sweep it under the carpet.:eek:

And for a british contribution to World progress what about Tim Berners-Lee and the internet:)

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 06:58
Well it wasn't the rotary washing line - which I beleive is one of oz's great inventions.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:58
Rugby was invented for those not skillfull enough to play proper football.

Brian
I don't know about 'skillful', but I believe the evolutionary steps were:

Football - For those who wanted to kick the ball.

Rugby - For those who want to also be able to pick up the ball and run with it.

American Football - For those who couldn't handle the restriction of tackling only those carrying the ball.

Ice Hockey - For those who couldn't handle the fact that people being tackled could 'escape' off the pitch.

Cage Fighting - For those who felt that the whole ball/puck thing was getting in the way. :D

Endre

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:58
Australia's greatest rugby team .... now there's an oxymoron for you.

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

And why is it called "American Football". It should be called "American Handball with the very occasional foot".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom