Auto Install Front end (1 Viewer)

Mclaren

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:56
Hi

I have created a split db for my father and his little business. Sometimes he asks me to make changes. I want to be able to email him the new front end, and when clicked, the file will install the new front end to the correct location along with any folders containing updated informatio (Images, Tables, etc)

how can i do this ?

regards

Mclaren

KeithG

AWF VIP
Local time
I use an Auto update similar to Bob but before I implemented that I use to use a Word Document with a button to copy the new version to the users C Drive.

Mclaren

Registered User.
Local time
No Acces to back end

Hi

I had a look at this utility. I have the problem whereby i do not have access to the back end. So i cannot change the "tbl_Version_fe_master" to the version number or the location.

The back end is basically complete and I hardley ever make changes to the tables in the BE.

I generally only change the front end, with new queries or change forms for ergonimics etc.

I need a way to make the front end update to the correct location when the user recieves it via email. (My dad has limited pc knowledge and asking him to navigate a PC to replace the FE will no doubt lead to issues where i actually have to go to his office and repair the damage)

Any further help will be appreciated

Cheers

Mclaren

g28dman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:56
Try this - I have gotten to work, but am having an error on access 03. I have verified with the developer that it works on 03 but getting a error 3270 might take a look

http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Otherdownload.asp?SampleName='BE%20Update%20Utility.mdb'

The " ' " at the end does go on the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom