AutoExpand on ComboBox seems broken (1 Viewer)

Simon_C

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:57
I installed Office 365 on the Windows 11 PC last night. While I dare say there will be teething problems with the database which need to be ironed out under Office 365, the combo boxes are now working fine.

Is the fact that the ANSI 92 option is in the Object Designers tab rather than the Current Database tab significant? I mean, does it have a design-time effect rather than (or as well as) a run-time one?

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Yesterday, 22:57
I installed Office 365 on the Windows 11 PC last night. While I dare say there will be teething problems with the database which need to be ironed out under Office 365, the combo boxes are now working fine.

Is the fact that the ANSI 92 option is in the Object Designers tab rather than the Current Database tab significant? I mean, does it have a design-time effect rather than (or as well as) a run-time one?
This was possibly related to the bug discussed here. Now that you've installed a newer version of Office, you probably now have the fix for that bug.

Simon_C

Registered User.
Local time
This was possibly related to the bug discussed here. Now that you've installed a newer version of Office, you probably now have the fix for that bug.
I assumed I had, but that's why I was asking about design-time / run-time effects of the ANSI 92 option - because it wasn't checked in the database in which I was having problems so at first blush it doesn't seem as though that could have been the only cause of the problem.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
I assumed I had, but that's why I was asking about design-time / run-time effects of the ANSI 92 option - because it wasn't checked in the database in which I was having problems so at first blush it doesn't seem as though that could have been the only cause of the problem.
So far as I am aware, the ANSI 92-related bug appears when that option is selected (turned on). It should be consistent between an accdb and an accde, so that should not be a factor.

Simon_C

Registered User.
Local time
I've realised why we were going round in circles a bit there: I was using "run-time" to mean any time the database was running (whether accdb, accde or whatever), and design time to mean when the objects were being created. I wasn't specifically thinking of "run-time" meaning an accde.

To the best of my knowledge, the ANSI 92 checkbox has never been selected / checked in the database I was having the problem with, but most definitely it wasn't checked / selected at the time I was having the problem, so there is clearly more to this issue that just that checkbox and the underlying setting it relates to.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
I've realised why we were going round in circles a bit there: I was using "run-time" to mean any time the database was running (whether accdb, accde or whatever), and design time to mean when the objects were being created. I wasn't specifically thinking of "run-time" meaning an accde.

To the best of my knowledge, the ANSI 92 checkbox has never been selected / checked in the database I was having the problem with, but most definitely it wasn't checked / selected at the time I was having the problem, so there is clearly more to this issue that just that checkbox and the underlying setting it relates to.
To a certain extent, this ANSI 92 issue is a side issue. It can create the same symptoms as the bug, for a different reason.

Dan2000

Local time
Today, 07:57
We are still using Access 2000 with mdb databases
The combobox autoexpand was always working. Then, it abruptly stopped working after the 100th element of the list. Maybe an update somewhere broke (which one? Is it possible to uninstall it?)
Updating Windows and Other Office versions installed on the computer does not help. It is still not working.
Is there someone at Microsoft reading here who can just revert back this bug?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 13:57
Mainstream support for Office 2000 ended on June 30, 2004, and extended support ended on July 14, 2009.

Dan2000

Local time
I know, but no one asked Microsoft to break something that was working. If they can create bugs, I am sure they car repair them too, acting on the same files, or just tell us the files that contains bugs, and we copy back the previous ones

access-denied

Local time
Today, 08:57
I am glad to report that with the latest Office update the issue initially reported is no longer reproducible. It's nice to think that this little thread has contributed to a faster resolution.

Dan2000

Local time
Maybe if Office 64 bit is installed, then they don't correct the Access 32 bit version installed too?

Dan2000

Local time
What can I do to ask to Microsoft to correct the bug they have created recently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom