AWF - Christmas meal (1 Viewer)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 13:43
anything except italian or chinese (I have an allergy to some of their ingredients:eek:)

You poor, poor man! I don't think I can survive without my pasta and rice. :p

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:43
I'm not sure life without pasta, a little garlic bread and a glass of nice red wine qualifies as life at all. :p

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:43
Unfortunately it is a bit far for me to come but I certainly hope the table will be properly normalized.;)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:43
I have confirmed to all by SMS.... meet in the Queens Hotel between 12 noon and 1pm Sat 14th Dec 2013 --- Newbury Market place RG14 5BD

http://www.queenspubnewbury.co.uk/

any last minute party goers who want to join us, contact me on 07747 018 875

Cheers Tony

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Awesome Tony ! I will text you in a bit ! See you all tomorrow ! :D

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Great to have met Tony and Chris in the Christmas meal. Great Spanish food, knowledge exchange. It was fun ! Hoping to do this again sometime soon ! :D

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
From down under to up there is a bit much to organise. It is good that you guys did get together and had a good time.

We Aussies will just have to be satisfied with making a meal of the pommy cricket team.

It is nice to have the little mug back where it belongs.

Merry Christmas to you all.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
From down under to up there is a bit much to organise. It is good that you guys did get together and had a good time.
I sure had a good time. It was good to see some faces than profile names for once. :D
We Aussies will just have to be satisfied with making a meal of the pommy cricket team.

It is nice to have the little mug back where it belongs.
I am sure there will be many who disagree ! LOL !

Merry Christmas to you too Des ! :)

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Thanks Paul

Keep up the good work.

Regards Des

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
I sure had a good time. It was good to see some faces than profile names for once. :D
Hi Paul, glad it was such a success. Really sorry that I couldn't make it on that day. Hopefully there will be something similar that I can attend in the future.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Hi Paul, glad it was such a success. Really sorry that I couldn't make it on that day. Hopefully there will be something similar that I can attend in the future.
Hello Bob, it would have been great if you would have joined us. It's alright, its understandable that you were busy.

We were talking about doing something for Easter Bank holiday somewhere in London, so we can attract a large crowd and also gives a bit of time to sink in. Thoughts/Comments welcome :)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
A very Nice meeting...

Good company and good food.

The way I remember it we didn't stop talking!

It would have been a very interesting meeting for anyone with an interest in MS Access however, anyone else would have died of boredom I reckon.

One particular conversation I remember was about the on current event of a main form, which operated on subforms contained within the main form and the different ways of tackling the issues that arise in this situation. Two completely different methods were discussed and this just reinforced my observation that there is always more than one way of doing something in MS Access, none better than the other, just down to user preference and experience.

More MS Access based exchanges of course, we also discussed hobbies, and work.

3 hours of non stop discussion, and I'm sure we only scratched the surface and could have talked for another 3 hours; so another meeting is definitely on the cards for me.

If anyone wants to attend the next meeting then please indicate by suggesting a suitable location, date and time.

Location: I'm thinking London, or a northern city, depends on the location of the majority. Time: I'm flexible, weekday, weekend, lunchtime or evening suitable.

Also Posted HERE: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=1317321#post1317321

Last edited:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I also thoroughly enjoyed the time - agree it could have gone on for much longer, the conversation didn't stop!

It was great to be able to put faces to names and compare real life experiences and I look forward to the next meeting - hopefully around the end of March.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
I am so glad to have met you. Now I know its way too early, but I just created a Doodle, so that we can get a rough head count/ preferred times and stuff.. Looking forward to this ! :D

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
It sounds like the 3 of you had a great time... perhaps you should have got a room :p

It has been a while since I have used Access as my current company doesn't allow it, and I have been with them 6 years now, so alas my discussions on Access would be very much outdated with yours, but if you do have a meeting up in Birmingham I would gladly come and have a chat with you and perhaps discuss the goold ole days of this forum amongst other things...

Just to get it straight out front though now, I WILL NOT be getting a room... ;)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 13:43
So...is there going to be another? Have Ryan Air, will travel...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:43
Due to family commitments I know I will not be there for any UK gathering. Among other things, I've got a grandson to sometimes watch and need a LOT of lead time to get a passport set up.

However, regardless of any holiday, if someone happens to KNOW they are visiting New Orleans, Louisiana, send me a PM through the forum (because it links to my regular e-mail) and I will be happy to meet you.

As a retired man, I would even be available for a home-grown tour of at least a few places. Depending on matters too complex to enumerate, my dear wife might also enjoy a visit from someone I met through the forum.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm happy to organise something based around London. Usually it is just a social - pub/meal/good conversation. But nearer Christmas, there is perhaps time to organise something educational around Access, but would involve a cost - would need to hire a venue, pay speaker expenses and the like which would require an upfront financial commitment from delegates and a certain minimum number thereof.

So, opening this up to all forum members:

1. I'm thinking around London, but are there other locations of interest?

2. Would you prefer a social or an educational seminar?

3. If the latter, what sort of topics would be of interest?

4. If the latter, what level should these be pitched - novice/intermediate/expert?

5. If the latter, what would you be prepared to pay as a budget (depending on numbers and quality of speakers I'm thinking probably in the region of £70-£120 for a day (morning/lunch/afternoon)

I'm going to the event in Vienna at the beginning of April http://www.donkarl.com/devcon/ - is anyone else going? If so, please PM me - would be good to meet up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom