I can't think of any three letter ones:confused: :p

Well, I do know that your name is a 4-letter word. :p :cool:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 11:47
MrsGorilla said:
Well, I do know that your name is a 4-letter word. :p :cool:

Trying for a laugh today Cindy? Hehe ;) ;) ;)

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Kraj said:
Gee....I'm so glad I took the time to contribute my personal experiences to this thread. It's so nice to see people discussing the topic instead of just blabbering the usual, inane banter.
Yeah, I know.... you pour your heart out and... nothing.
It's like trying to have a discussion with a band of rioters!
:rolleyes:

Personally, Greg, I couldn't conceive of (no pun intended) having to deal with all the issues a handicapped child would bring into my life. And, I'm certainly hoping that my family stays healthy enough that no intense care needs arise at any time in their lives. But I think a lot of people are forced to deal with those health issues whether or not their loved ones are born handicapped, or become handicapped due to a tragedy or simple old age.

Whatever the case may be, I think the question would be one in the same. Should we allow people to order the deaths of other people because they're either tired , or financially incapable of providing care for that person? Well, the logical answer is an emphatic NO! I do agree that they should not be "forced" to continue care and it is at this point I believe the burden should be shouldered by the community at large and accommodations made to provide care for these people.

You described a little girl I used to babysit for when you told us of your sister's issues. She was sometimes uncontrollable and I was certainly relieved when her mother came home from work and I was able to escape! But that mom loved that little girl, even though she never grew up and to this day still cares for her absolutely. (I ran into them a few years at the grocery store... broke my heart to see she had never gotten any better than when I knew her.) I have no idea what that girl's life is really like or whether the joys she experiences outweigh the sorrows.

How would you define criteria that is relevant to deciding whether a life is worth living or not? Really.... I'm curious!

nikkypickles

Total Novice
Local time
Today, 16:47
Additional to the euthanised babies, there is also the subject of young carers in the news at the moment. For all the pressure that is on parents to look after a disabled baby, there must be infinitly more pressure on a young child who looks after a disabled parent - at the expense of their own childhood.

There should be far more that society - read the government, since they are the ones with the most funding - can do to support those in need - the carers as much as the disabled patient.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Tess, honey...I think we share the same brain. :)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
nikkypickles said:
There should be far more that society - read the government, since they are the ones with the most funding - can do to support those in need - the carers as much as the disabled patient.

One of the issues the charity I worked for towards the end of my working life was "who cares for the carers?". I think that one of the tests of a civilised society is how it cares for the vulnerable , of any age, in its midst.

Brian

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Kraj said:
Tess, honey...I think we share the same brain. :)

LOL... I guess that could explain why you're also fond of men...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom