Big Brother (1 Viewer)

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Today, 15:23
I know they have one in the UK. They have one here too.
Anyone else besides me who hasn't missed a season? Or am I the only voyeur here?

genesis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:23
yeah. I was very amazed how western culture is so open on sexuality being portrayed in Big Brother show. Making sex is all over the place. It is as if, showing sexual intercourse in the public for viewing is just ordinary. Isnt there lose of morality?

As a result, even minor aged girls and boys, like ages 13 and below already knows how to make sexual intercourse.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:23
As a result, even minor aged girls and boys, like ages 13 and below already knows how to make sexual intercourse.
Wish I did

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I watched bb once, for about 15 minutes and thought WTF? Then went off in search of some wet paint to watch dry.

yeah. I was very amazed how western culture is so open on sexuality being portrayed in Big Brother show.

The ratings were dropping and that's why they brought in people who would "do anything" do be on tv.

Sorry Tess, my opinion of the show is that it's garbage.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
I have watched bar one of the BB in the UK, but now my attention is starting to wain abit, the show just scraps the barrel of morality now and thats just Davina who hosts it, it is getting tired and boring now, and with all the unstable people their putting in these days just to boost ratings it wont be long before somebody gets violent and serious harm occurs, or even death !

Now this will boost the ratings :(

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
I watched bb once, for about 15 minutes and thought WTF? Then went off in search of some wet paint to watch dry.

Sorry Tess, my opinion of the show is that it's garbage.
My wife would agree with both of you.

The reason being that the American version bears little resemblance to the UK version, beyond the fact that they're in a house, isolated from the outside world. My wife rarely misses an episode of the US show, but found the UK one tedious because (quote) 'They never do anything'.

From the three episodes I've seen in the last few weeks, the US version places far more emphasis on filling the house with attractive people who, for the most part, get on well and are civil to one another while wearing swimwear. The UK one seems to place people in the desperate hope that an argument or something 'shocking' is going to happen, as Scott mentioned, in order to boost the ratings. There was a recent argument on the US show which would barely have been mentioned on the UK version but which was edited, looped and replayed on the US version to try to make it out to be a major confrontation.

Last edited:

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
I have never seen a single episode of this - perhaps it will soon be on a PBS or TVO station so my antenna will pick it up.

I know they have one in the UK. They have one here too.
Anyone else besides me who hasn't missed a season? Or am I the only voyeur here?

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
i would rather watch my toe nails grow ....
the first one was a great experiment - but after that it has become a freak show (thats the UK one - no idea on anyone elss version )

they seems to have scooped down to the lowest level in the hope that something kicks off and that is exciting - not for me thank you

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
LOL.
Well, I've never seen the UK version.
But I'm totally hooked on the US version... every season they pull me in.
This season I'm completely smitten with Jeff and the little cupie doll Jordan he has a relationship with... even though she is young and naive.... I can't help but like her. They are so cute together!!!!

Watching him trying to teach her how to tell time.....
lol.....
Jordan: I don't know what time it is when people say it's quarter to anything. Like... if someone says it's quarter to eight, I don't know what that means.

Jeff: Well, it's easy..... How many quarters are there in a whole?
Jordan: Four
Jeff: Ok... so, how many minutes are there in an hour?
Jordan: Sixty
Jeff: So how many minutes are there in a quarter of an hour?
Jordan: 25????
Jeff: You HAVE to be kidding me!
Jordan: What????

I don't know. There are so many funny moments in this show.

Russell: Casey, how ya doin?
Casey: Could be better.
Russell: Why? What's going on?
Casey: Dude, I'm in a freakin banana suit!

Sorry if this completely diminishes your respect for me.
But, in the words of Peter Sellers, "I like to watch."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom