Bill's Introduction (1 Viewer)

OlBill

Local time
Today, 03:33
Hello all. My name is Ol' Bill and I'm a self-educated idiot. I am in the US, really old and technology-challenged. I work with DB I've built daily. I know I didn't build them correctly, but I think I'm getting better.

I read more than I post unless I have a specific question.

I'm not allowed to post my DB, IT rules. But I can share images of not data things.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:33
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:33
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 09:33
You asked this in the other forum 27 minutes ago and I responded 3 minutes after with
Not if you mention in each that you have done so.
That prevents people wasting their time giving advice that has already been offered elsewhere.
They can also then see what has already been offered and advise accordingly.
? :(

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thank you and thank you for the help. There was mention of crossposting in my thread, is that not appropriate?
Crossposting is typically frowned upon, because it can cause confusion and potentially wastes participants' time if the different threads result in duplicate discussions (asking same questions and giving same answers on both sides).

OlBill

Local time
Crossposting is typically frowned upon, because it can cause confusion and potentially wastes participants' time if the different threads result in duplicate discussions (asking same questions and giving same answers on both sides).
Understood. I thought they were two separate forums.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Understood. I thought they were two separate forums.
Absolutely; however, providing a link to each other would tremendously help potential contributors to come up with a better solution and much sooner than by having two isolated discussions on the very same topic, because then you'll have a true collaboration when all input are visible to all participants.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
First: Hello, @OlBill and welcome to the forum.

Second: The thing about cross-posting is that we are all volunteers here so anything that wastes our time is really frustrating to us. A blind cross-post could lead to the situation in which you have posted a question elsewhere, then because answers were slow in coming, you post here without telling us it's a cross-post. We get around to your problem (among the many that we have to examine) and spend some time to provide an answer. But because of the blind cross-post, we don't realize that after you posted here, you got an answer THERE and don't need us any more. But we've already spent the time on something that you no longer need.

We actually allow cross-posting but really don't like blind cross-posting because we can't check on the other forum/other thread to see if you have an answer yet. The notification of the existence of a cross-post is a courtesy to us to minimize unnecessary research and composition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom