Blank field in subform causing problems (1 Viewer)

cclark9589

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:26
I'm blaming this problem on the subform rather than on the dummy designing it, namely me!

I have a time card form that has 3 subforms on pages. First subform is for billable hours, second for expenses and the third for non-chargeable hours. On the billable hours page the user selects the job they are working on and enters the numbers of hours for that job on any particular day. Any expenses for a particular job are entered on the expense page.

On another form I want to be able to see the jobs currently selected for any particular trust and if there are any fees on those jobs, I want the specifics (expenses, billable fees and total fees) to display with a grand total for all jobs for that trust. This is information is being drawn from a query. All works well except for one minor little problem.

If there are no expenses associated with a job, then nothing shows up on the subform for the respective trust. The hours show up in the proper table and all that but on the trust subforms all fields are blank for that particular job.

The only way I have been able to get around this is that I have to go to the expense page, select the employer and then select "None" as the expense type. If there are no expenses, I'd rather not have to do this.

I've tried using Nz in the query but that's gotten me no where. Any ideas? Anyone?

I've uploaded the database.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom