Blank query after setting criteria (1 Viewer)

RyLane

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:25
Hello,

I've set up a form with a button to open a report based on the current name on the form. The idea is that as you look through the different pages on the form you can open a report for whatever one you're on and print it.

In my query I have a name field where I put the criteria: Forms!Formname.Textboxname
By clicking the button on my form I'm able to generate a report based on the name that appears in that textbox. It works great when I initially put it in but if I close the form (or query, or report) and open it back up it is blank.

Is this even possible with a text box? It seems like it when I open it, it has nothing to go off and that's why it's blank. I just don't know how to fix that.

I'm new here, so let me know if I've done a terrible job describing this.

Thanks,

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 01:25
In my query I have a name field where I put the criteria: Forms!Formname.Textboxname
By clicking the button on my form I'm able to generate a report based on the name that appears in that textbox. It works great when I initially put it in but if I close the form (or query, or report) and open it back up it is blank.
Could you explain it a little more, what you want etc., I don't know what you exactly mean?

RyLane

Registered User.
Local time
I want to open a report that shows only the information displayed on the form.
My form allows me to cycle through 20 different names and their scores and I want to be able to stop on any name and open a report with just that information.

RyLane

Registered User.
Local time
I put Forms!Formname!.Textboxname as the WhereCondition of the macro and it just opens the report based on every name and not the one in the textbox.

RyLane

Registered User.
Local time
Actually I got it to work with the wherecondition. I wasn't filling it out properly.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom