Bounce back email when sent from Access DB (1 Viewer)

phil-007

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:29
Hi All,

I've a form that I use to capture data and then want the form to email itself to our team's shared inbox, however I get the error:

Code:
[B][COLOR=#000066][FONT=Arial]Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Tahoma][EMAIL="'scsupportteam@***.***.uk'"][COLOR=blue]'scsupportteam@***.***.uk'[/COLOR][/EMAIL][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.[/FONT]
[/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma]Diagnostic information for administrators:[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma]Generating server: MAIL2.isis.logistics.****[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma][EMAIL="scsupportteam@******.uk"][COLOR=#0000ff]scsupportteam@******.uk[/COLOR][/EMAIL][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]#<MAIL2.isis.logistics.*** #5.1.1> #SMTP#[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma]Original message headers:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma]Subject: New Request via Switchboard - requires review & response[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=gray]MIME-Version: 1.0[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=gray]Content-Type: multipart/alternative;[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=gray]           boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01CF9CE1.159AF58E"[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=gray]Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 09:21:16 +0100[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=gray]Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=gray]Message-ID: <[EMAIL="424F3A22145BBB4AA3849C45631B7F7406F39C88@MAIL2.isis.logistics.***.uk"][COLOR=#0000ff]424F3A22145BBB4AA3849C45631B7F7406F39C88@MAIL2.isis.logistics.***.uk[/COLOR][/EMAIL]>[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=gray]
[FONT=Tahoma]X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.5[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]X-MS-Has-Attach:[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]Thread-Topic: New Request via Switchboard - requires review & response[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]Thread-Index: Ac+c4RWaUK+qioVrS9SfaXrD9ZUnDA==[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]From: "Wright, Philip.J." <[EMAIL="Philip.J.Wright@*******.*****.uk"][COLOR=#0000ff]Philip.J.Wright@*******.*****.uk[/COLOR][/EMAIL]>[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]To: <[EMAIL="scsupportteam@********.uk"][COLOR=#0000ff]scsupportteam@********.uk[/COLOR][/EMAIL]>[/FONT]

[/COLOR]

The code I use to send this looks like this:

Code:
Private Sub send_req_Click()
Dim CurrDiscrepID As String
Dim MessageText As String
CurrDiscrepID = Me.NAME
MessageText = "Dear SUPPORT TEAM  ," & Chr$(13) & Chr$(13) & "I HAVE A MASSIVE PROBLEM AND NEED HELP" & Chr$(13) & "DESCRIPTION OF JOB    " & Me.DESCRIPTION & Chr$(13) & Chr$(13) & "I NEED THIS CHANGE BECAUSE   " & Me.whychange & Chr$(13) & Chr$(13) & "DATE LOGGED   " & Me.TODAY_DATE & Chr$(13) & Chr$(13) & "NEEDED BY  " & Me.NEEDED_BY & Chr$(13) & Chr$(13)
DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , Me.SEND_TO, , , "New Request via Switchboard - requires review & response", MessageText, False
DoCmd.Close acForm, "F_WORK_REQUEST", acSavePrompt
End Sub

The me.send_to field contains the email address on the form, and if I change it to my personal account then I receieve the email fine its just the scsupportteam address above that doesn't work (which you can send emails to normally, its only access that cant send to it).
SO I think its a problem with the mail account set up but unsure what could cause the problem.

Anybody any Idea?

Thanks

Phil

Last edited:

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Isn't the SCSSupportTeam supposed to be an alias?

phil-007

Registered User.
Local time
Hi vbaInet,

Thanks for the reply,

I'm not sure what you mean, I only really work with access and know a little of vba, not really sure how mail boxes work.

Our IT dept refuse to help as the email comes from Access and they say that the problem

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Ask the IT department if SCSSupportTeam is a group alias or not.

phil-007

Registered User.
Local time
Thankyou.

Have asked IT the question, will await their response!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:29
I sent an email to the support team email address to see if it was an accepted email address.

I got this automated reply:
Thank you for your email.

The sc support team mailbox is unmanned for the afternoon of Thursday 10th July 2014 due to meetings and annual leave.

We will deal with your email on our return tomorrow.

Thank you for your cooperation and sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

Seems it must be something specific to accounts sending to that support account. Possibly some sort of filter or admin setting??? I'm not familiar with setting up email accounts etc.

phil-007

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah thats an out of office that we are waiting for IT to take off

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Since it works for jdraw you've either hit one of the limitations of SendObject or there's a filter (or config) that's stopping MAPI from sending automated e-mails from SendObject.

By the way, can you send e-mails to that address from your account?#

NB: I would advice that you edit your posts and get rid of all the e-mail addresses you've put on this thread.

phil-007

Registered User.
Local time
HI,

Yes we recieve emails into the mail box all the time when sent from a normal inbox, its just the process of sending from the access form that it doesn't like.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Your IT department will definitely not be willing to change global policy to suit your needs. Best thing is to look for an alternative. Use the Outlook object (i.e. Outlook VBA) to do that. There are tonnes of examples on this forum as well as on the wider web.

phil-007

Registered User.
Local time
What I don't understand is if the form send perfectly fine when I use mine or any of my colleagues email addresses, why can't they make the adjustment to the scsupport email address so that send the same way

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
I'm only throwing out guesses on this occasion but I know SendObject has some limitations.

Here's an idea, try adding the email address as one of your contacts and try sending again.

And another thing, try it when you get home as well (both as a contact and without).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom