Bournemouth/South West England Groups ?? (1 Viewer)

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 21:33
Great to have met Tony and Chris in the Christmas meal. Great Spanish food, knowledge exchange. It was fun ! Hoping to do this again sometime soon ! :D

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 17:33
We are expecting a cold front about midnight. It really going to get terrible around here. It might even get down to around 62 F:D

The joke is on me. It got down to 34% F last night, but that's ok as I am not real fond of Spanish food.:D However, that gives me a great idea. Lets start Access World Forum meals all over the world. Anybody near Ocala, FL interested I am willing to drive up to 60 miles.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
The joke is on me. It got down to 34% F last night, but that's ok as I am not real fond of Spanish food.:D However, that gives me a great idea. Lets start Access World Forum meals all over the world. Anybody near Ocala, FL interested I am willing to drive up to 60 miles.
Also in March I will be in Vidor, TX
June in Biloxi, MS great buffets
August Berkley Springs, WV
Sept Longview, TX

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:33
A very Nice meeting...

Good company and good food.

The way I remember it we didn't stop talking!

It would have been a very interesting meeting for anyone with an interest in MS Access however, anyone else would have died of boredom I reckon.

One particular conversation I remember was about the on current event of a main form, which operated on subforms contained within the main form and the different ways of tackling the issues that arise in this situation. Two completely different methods were discussed and this just reinforced my observation that there is always more than one way of doing something in MS Access, none better than the other, just down to user preference and experience.

More MS Access based exchanges of course, we also discussed hobbies, and work.

3 hours of non stop discussion, and I'm sure we only scratched the surface and could have talked for another 3 hours; so another meeting is definitely on the cards for me.

If anyone wants to attend the next meeting then please indicate by suggesting a suitable location, date and time.

Location: I'm thinking London, or a northern city, depends on the location of the majority. Time: I'm flexible, weekday, weekend, lunchtime or evening suitable.

Also posted HERE: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=1317320#post1317320

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
A very Nice meeting...

Good company and good food.

The way I remember it we didn't stop talking!

It would have been a very interesting meeting for anyone with an interest in MS Access however, anyone else would have died of boredom I reckon.

One particular conversation I remember was about the on current event of a main form, which operated on subforms contained within the main form and the different ways of tackling the issues that arise in this situation. Two completely different methods were discussed and this just reinforced my observation that there is always more than one way of doing something in MS Access, none better than the other, just down to user preference and experience.

More MS Access based exchanges of course, we also discussed hobbies, and work.

3 hours of non stop discussion, and I'm sure we only scratched the surface and could have talked for another 3 hours; so another meeting is definitely on the cards for me.

If anyone wants to attend the next meeting then please indicate by suggesting a suitable location, date and time.

Location: I'm thinking London, or a northern city, depends on the location of the majority. Time: I'm flexible, weekday, weekend, lunchtime or evening suitable.

Also posted HERE: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=1317320#post1317320

Wish I could have been there. Lets get started in the states. Three or more people I will drive up to 60 miles of Ocala, FL. I have meetings in Vidor, TX, in March, Biloxi, MS June, Berkley Springs, WV, Aug., Longview, TX Sept. Anybody around those cities interested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom