British Summertime (1 Viewer)

Ani

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:16
Hi folks
its raining here in Derbyshire, again. We're not having much luck with the weather but I suppose that depends on if you prefer rain to sunshine? The wet weather so far this year has been an enormous help to my horse, she has plenty of good lush grass on her pasture, which is putting much needed weight back on her. The potatoes I planted are like triffids, I expect them to walk to my kitchen any day now! ;) Anyone old enough to remember that scary old film?
Anyway just trying to kick some of the old grey matter into gear to attempt a bit more on my little Database.
Hope all is well out there with everyone.
Ani :)

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Hi folks
its raining here in Derbyshire, again. We're not having much luck with the weather but I suppose that depends on if you prefer rain to sunshine? The wet weather so far this year has been an enormous help to my horse, she has plenty of good lush grass on her pasture, which is putting much needed weight back on her. The potatoes I planted are like triffids, I expect them to walk to my kitchen any day now! ;) Anyone old enough to remember that scary old film?
Anyway just trying to kick some of the old grey matter into gear to attempt a bit more on my little Database.
Hope all is well out there with everyone.

Since the title says BST - I will say I reckon we should go to double BST.

So on the days we do get a bit of sun, we can enjoy the weather after work. Rather tahn at the moment have it wasted being in bed.

A nice summers night - with it light till well after 11. THats what we should have.

Ani

Registered User.
Local time
Since the title says BST - I will say I reckon we should go to double BST.

So on the days we do get a bit of sun, we can enjoy the weather after work. Rather tahn at the moment have it wasted being in bed.

A nice summers night - with it light till well after 11. THats what we should have.

Yep! Something to do with the Gulf Stream shifting, I believe? Its rubbish anyway! Ive lit my coal fires, and getting concerned about the need to have the chimneys swept!:(

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
:confused::confused:

What's rubbish? The weather? I would rather have too much rain than too much sun, not a flood mind you but soggy fields rather than dried out ones, except when I'm out walking. :D

As to BST I would like it all year round.

Brian

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Yep! Something to do with the Gulf Stream shifting, I believe? Its rubbish anyway! Ive lit my coal fires, and getting concerned about the need to have the chimneys swept!:(
Not the gulf stream shifting but the jetstream being further south than usual.

There was a trial of having BST all year for aa 3year period at the end of the sixties. It was scrapped after a press campaign based on accidents to children going to school in the dark.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
But they go to school in the dark for part of winter anyway, plus the lighting regulations for vehicles has changed since then. They too would benefit from lighter evenings.

Brian

Ani

Registered User.
Local time
Not the gulf stream shifting but the jetstream being further south than usual.

There was a trial of having BST all year for aa 3year period at the end of the sixties. It was scrapped after a press campaign based on accidents to children going to school in the dark.

Someone told me it was the Gulf Stream. thought that was slightly odd but havnt googled it. Isnt that what happened a few years ago when we had all the flooding before?

Ani

Registered User.
Local time
But they go to school in the dark for part of winter anyway, plus the lighting regulations for vehicles has changed since then. They too would benefit from lighter evenings.

Brian

Its more or less dark in a morning and at 4pm for a big part of the winter, Id prefer for us to stay on BST too. I thought it was something to do with the farmers in the 60's?

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
It's been a nice sunny day here. Not too warm but nice and sunny

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:16
This is a normal summer for us on the west coast of Scotland, its always lashing it down here.

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
yeah Rabbie, quite a nice day Thursday in our part of the country:p

Knock, knock knock knock, knock - thats my attempt at Triffid humour :D

Ani

Registered User.
Local time
This is a normal summer for us on the west coast of Scotland, its always lashing it down here.

I would really like to visit the West coast of Scotland, despite the rain!

Ani

Registered User.
Local time
It's been a nice sunny day here. Not too warm but nice and sunny

Id be happy if it was just dry! Some sunshine would help get the crops dry...worried about having no hay/haylage for winter!
My farmer neighbour has given up on cutting the fields surrounding me and put his cows on them. Not good!
Ani xx

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
The sun is shining here, helping to dry my washing, that's twice in three days!!

Brian

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Yesterday, 16:16
Opposite trouble in Canada, we have no rain and anyone who has surface wells are asking for help getting water. We had a bountiful first cut but I think this will end up as a two cut hay year... and the second cut is going to be very lean.

Would love to trade some of this excess sun for some of your surplus rain

Id be happy if it was just dry! Some sunshine would help get the crops dry...worried about having no hay/haylage for winter!
My farmer neighbour has given up on cutting the fields surrounding me and put his cows on them. Not good!
Ani xx