Cannot delete record in query with left join (1 Viewer)

olxx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:40
I have query, with left join, that just checks some values are matching or not and adds one field to query result that contains "match" or "no match" (iif is null expression). Query itself contains other fields too which are editable. Problem is i cannot delete record through this query. Actually i can, it asks if i want to delete a record and deletes it, but if i close the query and reopen it, the record is back. I can delete it in table, but i don´t want to users to modify table directly. Any solutions?

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 19:40
i would hazard a guess that you have relational integrity set in your relationship view, and that the record you are trying to delete is a parent record - so the database is not allowing you to delete a parent to prevent creating an 'orphan' record...? does that sound likely to you?

are you able to upload a (2003 or less) version of your database?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:40
I have query, with left join, that just checks some values are matching or not and adds one field to query result that contains "match" or "no match" (iif is null expression). Query itself contains other fields too which are editable. Problem is i cannot delete record through this query. Actually i can, it asks if i want to delete a record and deletes it, but if i close the query and reopen it, the record is back. I can delete it in table, but i don´t want to users to modify table directly. Any solutions?

Please show us the sql for the query you are using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom