Cant beleive they shut down Lime wire.... (1 Viewer)

HaroldIII

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:52
Anyone have another suggestion on a download P2P Prog??

And whats up with torrents??? I investigated Torrents and even downloaded a Free Torrent Prog....Now im on the phone with the comp techs....tryin to save my Hard Drive.......:eek:

Access_guy49

Registered User.
Local time
Torrents can be Problematic... as with most Pirate software, it comes with an inherent amount of risk.
UTorrent might be worth a look. I know many people who have had good success with that.
I can’t say that I’m surprised that LimeWire was shut down. It’s the same story as Napster…. It’s only a matter of time.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
I'm going to assume you're using this for legitimate reasons and not for piracy. Torrents are very good provided you download from reliable sources. Don't just google search for random torrents and don't attempt to download pirated material and you're in less risk for infection. Limewire was just as problematic, only you didn't have a a centralized reliable source for links so it was actually more likely to cause infection.

There are many legitimate reasons for torrents. Independent movie and music producers use them to distribute their material all the time. I remember downloading an independent Star Wars movie through torrents a few years ago. It was actually pretty entertaining and Lucas actually enjoyed it and gave them the okay.

HaroldIII

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah once I get my harddrive running smooth again, Im gonna look into paying for a torrent prog...I had similar Virus problems with LimeWire's free download...Problem solved once i started paying for it (Figures :rolleyes:)

I liked LimeWire because i felt it was more user friendly....My son loves hockey so I would put in Wayne Gretzky..and i would have plenty of videos pop up....(FYI..One of Wayne Gretzky Greatest Moments ended up being Teen Topanga...need to share that...LOL)

There are other P2P Downloading Progs out there....Bear share, Morphus,

Or Torrents....

..........:confused:

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:52
Free Download Manager has an option to support torrent protocol.

It is free and open source. The ordinary download manager function is great but I have never tried it with torrents.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:52
LimeWire used to be all right but as you have noticed their torrents are now often fakes. The most consistent one I've found is uTorrent as a client, torrents from reliable sources (ISO Hunt is one of the better sites as they have lots of comments on good files).

But... streaming is probably your best way, there are thousand of sites out there with the advantage of you not having to 'download' anything clicky ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom