Center content after opening maximized--UGH! (1 Viewer)

Minddumps

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:58
I entered a function to hide the Access background so that only my pop-up shows to the user. Forms I created are pop-up and centered properties are set to yes. The DB file has been changed from tabbed to overlapping as well. I’d like to maximize those forms/reports and have the content center within that maximized screen no matter what the resolution is.
I’ve researched this online and can’t seem to find a solution that works :mad:. Has anyone figured this out?

CBrighton

Surfing while working...
Local time
Today, 10:58
Put this in the form OnOpen:

Code:
DoCmd.Maximize

However, I'm not sure how well this will deal with the hidden Access window.

Minddumps

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for that, but I'm not just trying to maximize the window (that part's easy lol) I'm trying to center the content within the maximized window... something similar to CenterIt and Shrinkerstretcher but using VBA code and not the .exe files...

I'm sure this is possible, but it's just a matter of figuring out how to do it :(

Minddumps

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for trying, I also had already tried that... don't why but it didn't work for me either... I just can't believe this isn't a built in feature, almost seems like a no-brainer to me, geez lol.

Minddumps

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for your response Bob. Yes I had noticed it wasn't built in... I was just claiming it should have been lol!

I had already ran into Peter's Software option but unfortunately I'd have to download an .exe file. Because I'm at work (where I need it) though, I am blocked from such actions so that solution wouldn't work.

This is why I was hoping someone had already figured out some VBA that successfully worked... am still crossing my fingers...

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 02:58
I had already ran into Peter's Software option but unfortunately I'd have to download an .exe file. Because I'm at work (where I need it) though, I am blocked from such actions so that solution wouldn't work.
You would need to purchase it through your proper channels to do so then. Just because it is an exe isn't the stopping point. It is getting the permission to try it out from the appropriate authority. I know how that goes because I've been in the same situation.
This is why I was hoping someone had already figured out some VBA that successfully worked... am still crossing my fingers...

I think you'll be getting cramps in your fingers because I've been around these boards for over 10 years and I have yet to find a good FREE option for this. One may exist, but I don't know of one. Because the coding for this is very intense as you have to do quite a lot of calculations to determine the screen space, the relative placement of the controls, etc. it is a LOT of work for someone to do just to give it away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom