change hyperlink color (1 Viewer)

kolorasta

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:01
is it possible to change the hyperlink font fore color of a textbox with the "is hyperlink" property setted to yes? it appears in blue.

sorry for my poor english:rolleyes:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 07:01
If it is a true hyperlink (not just text formatted to look like a hyperlink) then the colors are controlled by each user's Browser settings. You can set text that looks like hyperlinks to different colors and then, if it is displayed in a text box, you can have the click event use the FollowHyperlink method.

kolorasta

Registered User.
Local time
it's just simple text with the "is hyperlink" property set to "yes" and some code in the "on click" event .... it's just to let the user know he can click there...

and i don't like how blue looks like in my forms

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 07:01
as long as the "is hyperlink" property is set to yes then you are limited to the Windows/IE settings.

kolorasta

Registered User.
Local time
i want to show my users in someway that they can click in a text box to do something (ex. open a form)

i don't like how color blue looks in my forms if i set the "is hyperlink" to "yes"

so i was wondering if there is some way to change mouse cursor when is moved over the textbox
there is an "on mousemove" event, and searching i found an example that suggest to:
textbox.onmousemove ---> set cursor to hand
formdetail.onmousemove -> set cursor to normal

in my case this wont work because y have a continuous form and the textbox size is equal to the form's detail size (simulating a datasheet)... and the formdetail.onmousemove event will never get triggered.

any suggestions?

sorry for my english

davidcie

Local time
Today, 16:01
I know it's been twelve years since the OP but people like me will occasionally stumble across this looking for answers so please forgive me for resurrecting – hopefully will be useful to someone down the line.

What I wanted to add is that conditional formatting seems to override whatever's defined as Windows default link color. You can try setting your hyperlink text box's conditional formatting to Expression and putting "1 = 1". The main downside is that you will also have to accept a certain background color of your choice, e.g. white. May not sound like a big deal but it screws up datasheet view: your white will take precedence over alternate row color or even row selection indicator color for this particular cell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom