Charts (1 Viewer)

PeteB

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:45
I have been trying unsuccessfully to re-size the boxes which contain data labels in an Access chart. I need the data labels to show value followed by %, separated by comma and space, with all characters side-by-side (not value above or below %). Pre-edit, some of the labels have characters side-by-side but some have them with % below value. When I double click the box which surrounds the label text there seems to be no facility to alter the height or width, only to move it. I would very much appreciate some help with this, if indeed it is possible.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:45
I don't know if it will help but years ago I learned to create my charts in a form before transferring them to a report. It seems that forms have a more robust chart designer than reports. Good luck with the project.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
I have been trying unsuccessfully to re-size the boxes which contain data labels in an Access chart.

What box? Do you mean the labels like Apples and Bananas in the example below.

I need the data labels to show value followed by %, separated by comma and space, with all characters side-by-side (not value above or below %). Pre-edit, some of the labels have characters side-by-side but some have them with % below value.

Could you give us a couple examples of how this is suppose to look.

When I double click the box which surrounds the label text there seems to be no facility to alter the height or width, only to move it. I would very much appreciate some help with this, if indeed it is possible.

Could you upload a screen shot of this box or a copy of you database?

Attachments

• ChartExample.jpg
    ChartExample.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 337

PeteB

Registered User.
Local time
Dear Sneuberg

Thanks - please see attached screen shot. Left hand image shows pie chart with the upper left data label with characters side by side, as I like it. The lower right data label has characters in two rows. The right hand image shows the bounding box of the lower right data label but it is impossible to grab any of the handles to elongate it. This is my problem.

PeteB

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
The screen shot wasn't attached. If the upload fails try putting it in a zip file.

PeteB

Registered User.
Local time
Sneuberg

Here is attachment...

Attachments

• Example Chart.zip
    136.9 KB · Views: 64

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 04:45
Have you tried to create a new chart?
Else post a database with your form/report, with the chart in, zip it, then I can't reproduce your problem.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
I've played with this and it appears there's no direct control over whether the text wraps or not. To get the text on single lines you can either increase the size of the chart or decrease the size of the font. Actually looking at your example and the one I'm playing with leads me to believe you won't have to increase the size of the chart very much to get the labels on single lines.

Last edited:

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Have you tried to create a new chart?
Else post a database with your form/report, with the chart in, zip it, then I can't reproduce your problem.
I've attached the database with the pie chart I was playing with. The current size of the chart doesn't cause the labels to wrap. You can make the size smaller to see the effect the OP is getting.

Attachments

• PieChartTest.accdb
    432 KB · Views: 81

PeteB

Registered User.
Local time
Hi again Steve
Nice to know your first name. I think that you have given me the answer. I will try playing with the size of the plot area vs the chart area, I think that might do the trick.
Thanks very much for your help.

PeteB

PeteB

Registered User.
Local time
Hi JHB
I think Sneuberg's solution might work but if not I will try redoing the chart. Thanks very much for your help.
PeteB

PeteB

Registered User.
Local time
Steve & JHB
With your help I think I've cracked it. If with the data labels selected you uncheck the 'Auto Scaling' feature in the Format Fonts dialog box, and adjust all the fonts manually, it stops the data labels text from wrapping.
Thanks again
PeteB

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 04:45
.. You can make the size smaller to see the effect the OP is getting.
Yes I see it now, I think it swaps because it is both value and percent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom