ChatGPT: The Future of AI is Here! (2 Viewers)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:40
Biden with his cheat sheet today, I don't recall any other leader using them.

1682543750679.png

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks @KitaYama I did zoom in on Trump's cheat sheet it looks like notes for an adult possibly hand written. Biden's on the other hand looks like what you would expect for someone who has trouble remembering things. Right?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 08:40
Democrats have been orchestrating rigged questions for years to manipulate the election process.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Stunned by the turbulence of the 2020 election, millions of Americans are asking the forbidden question: what really happened?
Since being published new information of underhanded behavior by Democrats to manipulate the election process has been uncovered, drip by drip. As one example, some have speculated that if the media had done its reporting job and not acted as a propaganda outlet for the Democratic party, that Biden would not have won.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I fear the genie is out of the bottle when it comes to fair elections.

jpl458

Local time
I have been using it a lot (VBA) lately, and I've found that if you are using it for coding it's great for simple things. But if the situation gets a bit complicated you send a lot of time rephrasing the question, or debugging the code. How you ask the questions is important. The big advantage so far is that you don't have to do all the typing, which reduces spelling errors nad saves time. But you spend a lot of time arguing with it when things get complicated. I know about programming, but fairley new to VB, here si a subroutine that was produced buy ChatGP4.

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
' Check if double-clicked cell is in Column M (8)
If Target.Column = 8 Then
If Target.Column = 8 And Target.Worksheet.Name = "CallLog" Then ' Column H in CallLog sheet
Dim response As VbMsgBoxResult
response = MsgBox("Do you want to continue?", vbYesNo)
If response = vbNo Then Exit Sub
Dim phoneNum As String
phoneNum = Target.Value
Dim lastRow As Long
lastRow = Sheets("DemandData").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
Dim firstRow As Long
firstRow = Target.Row
Do While firstRow > 1 And Sheets("CallLog").Cells(firstRow - 1, "H").Value = phoneNum
firstRow = firstRow - 1
Loop
Dim i As Long
Dim prevPhoneNum As String
prevPhoneNum = ""
For i = firstRow To Sheets("CallLog").Cells(Rows.Count, "H").End(xlUp).Row
If Sheets("CallLog").Cells(i, "H").Value <> phoneNum And prevPhoneNum <> "" Then
' Set the phone number for the current line as the previous phone number for the next group
prevPhoneNum = phoneNum
phoneNum = Sheets("CallLog").Cells(i, "H").Value
ElseIf Sheets("CallLog").Cells(i, "H").Value = phoneNum Then
Sheets("DemandData").Range("A" & lastRow + 1).Value = phoneNum
Sheets("DemandData").Range("B" & lastRow + 1).Value = Sheets("CallLog").Cells(i, "I").Value ' Column I in CallLog sheet
Sheets("DemandData").Range("C" & lastRow + 1).Value = Sheets("CallLog").Cells(i, "J").Value ' Column J in CallLog sheet
lastRow = lastRow + 1
End If
'Debug.Print i
Next i

SortDemandData firstRow + 1, lastRow ' Sort only the new data

Sheets("DemandData").Activate

End If
ColorGroups
' Cancel the default action of the event
Cancel = True
' Check if double-clicked cell is in Column M (13)
ElseIf Target.Column = 13 Then
Dim wsCallLog As Worksheet
Dim wsNotes As Worksheet
'Dim lastRow As Long
Dim phoneNumber As String
Dim newRow As Long
Dim matchFound As Boolean
'Dim i As Long

'Define worksheet objects
Set wsCallLog = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("CallLog")
Set wsNotes = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Notes")

'Check if double-click occurred in Notes column (M)
If Target.Column = 13 Then 'Column M = column 13
'Get value in VPhonenumber column of the same row
phoneNumber = wsCallLog.Cells(Target.Row, 8).Value

'Check if value in column H of CallLog matches anything in column A of Notes
matchFound = False
For i = 1 To wsNotes.Cells(wsNotes.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
If wsNotes.Cells(i, 1).Value = phoneNumber Then
matchFound = True
'Position cursor on matching row and column B (ExtNotes)
Application.GoTo wsNotes.Cells(i, 2), True
Exit For
End If
Next i

'If match is found, activate Notes worksheet and position cursor on matching row
If matchFound Then
wsNotes.Activate
Application.GoTo wsNotes.Cells(i, 1), True
Else 'If no match is found, copy value to first open row in Column A of Notes sheet
lastRow = wsNotes.Cells(wsNotes.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
newRow = IIf(lastRow < 1, 1, lastRow + 1)
wsNotes.Cells(newRow, 1).Value = phoneNumber
'Position cursor on column B (ExtNotes) of new row
Application.GoTo wsNotes.Cells(newRow, 2), True
wsNotes.Activate
End If

'Cancel double-click event to prevent cell editing
Cancel = True
End If

' Cancel the default action of the event
Cancel = True
End If
End Sub

It was created for EXCEL, but it can be impressive when it wants to. Never would have created the sub without the help ChatGP4. Note that it took a lot of questions before it worked. Many hours.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Try negotiating with an AI. Prior to Hal 9000's infamous "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that" there was the very low budget movie Dark Star (1974). In that movie the crew attempts to negotiate with Thermostellar Bomb #20. So nearly 50 years ago Carpenter was very prescient concerning what could happen.
Doolittle space walks out to have a philosophical conversation with the bomb. It agrees to disarm itself for the moment.
The bomb, having learned Cartesian doubt, trusts only itself. It is convinced that only it exists, and that its sole purpose in life is to explode, and it does so.
At the 4 minute mark: "Let there be light".

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:40
There is a new chatbot in town: Pi. Its good! Go to heypi.com and check it out. Make sure you turn the audio on as it makes all the difference. You can only type the message but it replies with audio. It is starting to get like that movie, "Her"!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I have just posted in the Google sheets section showing chat GPT being used to generate Google app script code for sheets. See here:-

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Lex Clip.....

Richard Feynman on thinking computers:-

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
ChatGPT and plagiarism?

If the software pulls together it's answer from things it finds on the web. In other words, other people's work, isn't that a sort of plagiarism?

Humans avoid plagiarism by reading stuff they find and then reiterating it in their own words.

Take VBA code within MS Access for example. There's no real way you can write that in your own words, except for maybe changing the names of a few variables and things.

But then again, you have to remember the origin of the VBA code. It comes from Microsoft examples, which they published themselves or through the agency of authors.

So as the origin is already published publicly, then even if you copy someone else's code, it's not plagiarism because they have copied the original Microsoft code.

I don't know where I'm going with this, just thinking out loud really!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom