check box (1 Viewer)

still_rookie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:02
Hey guys..

I was working on my project again as usual, which is about transaction of cars coming in and going out (car pool system), So i created a table then a form for this. In the table, i put the option of 'Yes/No'. So, for the form, i want to create a search system which will include a search system.

My Idea:

I want to make a check box, as a search system, so when it is checked and clicked on a command button, it searches for all records with 'Yes'. and if not checked, and clicked on command button, then it searches for all records with 'No'.

Now i did my research, on google and stuff also in the access help but it ddnt help much.

To be honest with you guys, i dont know much of visual basic writing, but i do understand most of it. ( you know, when you understand one language but can speak it?? same way :eek: ).

So i would request some one to give me instructions on this one. It would really be appriciated.

thanks a million !

RichO

Registered Yoozer
Local time
Today, 03:02
This doesn't even require VBA.

Make a query from your table and for the Yes/No field, enter:

[Forms]![NameOfYourForm]![NameOfCheckBox]

as criteria.

When the query is run it will look at the check box on your form as criteria and return all the records that match the checkbox.

still_rookie

Registered User.
Local time
it asks me to enter parameter value :confused: ........ and also... wat d o i have to do with my check box and combo button ?? i have to configure the check box atleast if not hte combobox to the query.... so how do i do it ??

RichO

Registered Yoozer
Local time
What parameter is it asking for?

Your first post didn't mention a combo box. What are you using the combo box for?

still_rookie

Registered User.
Local time
sorry i meant check box...

and in the parameter vlaue box, it gives the code that you gave me ... :confused:

RichO

Registered Yoozer
Local time
Did you put [Forms]![NameOfYourForm]![NameOfCheckBox] in your query criteria verbatim or did you change the form name and control name to match your form?

still_rookie

Registered User.
Local time
oh sorry ddnt do that . hehe...

ill try it and let you know...

thanks a lot !

still_rookie

Registered User.
Local time
Enter parameter value: