Check Boxes (1 Viewer)

Little_Man22

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:42
I have an option group (Smoker) containing two checkboxes (SmokerYes/SmokerNo). SmokerYes has an option value of 1 while SmokerNo has an option value of 0. I want a blank form to appear with the SmokerNo checkbox checked. I have set the default value to 0 in both the table and through the OptionGroup properties on my form. However, the SmokerNo checkbox will not appear checked when one opens a new form - neither of the boxes appear checked by default.

Why is this and how can I get the SmokerNo checkbox to be checked?

Ryan.

R. Hicks

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:42
The controls within a Option group is controled by the Option Group Frame Value. You need to have SmokerNo Option Value set to 1 and SmokerYes Option Value set to 2. Then set the Option Group Default Value to 1 to have SmokerNo be the default value. If you set the Frame's Default Value to 0 (zero), both of the Option controls will be unchecked. I hope this makes sense to you.

HTH
RDH

Little_Man22

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:42
I completely understand what you are saying and I tried it...however, both boxes still remain unchecked

Any ideas?

R. Hicks

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:42
Are you speaking of a "new record"? If the frame is bound to a field in your table (it should be) and the record already has a value for the field of 0, then when viewing the existing record, both boxes will be unchecked. Only if you are on a new record does the Default value come into play.

HTH
RDH

[This message has been edited by R. Hicks (edited 08-08-2001).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom