Checking AWF hit Count... (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:55
Now this is extremely interesting! I draw your attention to a post I made about 2 years ago:-

I noticed that Microsoft were advertising Utter Access. When I followed the link just now there is no longer any mention of Utter Access!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I've analysed a few things and think UA can make a partial comeback, recover some of the lost rankings. Watch this space!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
A bit early for a stats update, but I was pleased when I saw this...

AWF:

1603106918491.png

UA:

1603106981525.png

1603106992758.png

In essence, we have lost zero Alexa Rank over the last 4.5 months. I think that suggests a certain amount of stability for the site, at least for now.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I'm predicting that within a month, AF dot net will become the second most popular Access forum, taking away that slot from UA. And I think they should, because their software offers a far better user experience. I've always quite liked their site. They don't have tons of different forum sections, thus reducing complexity. The colour scheme looks good and I like the vBulletin software, even if its a little dated now.

The changing of the guard is common in real life. You get corporations that seem unassailable, like Kodak in the photography industry. Then they get annihilated.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I think we all know the answer to that one. But many years ago, I think UA was #1, at least according to their own site. How true that is, I don't know. I've always assumed it must be because they said so!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 10:55
Duh...I just noticed you said AF.Net and NOT AWF. Me so smart....

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I wondered if it might be that. I would link to them to make it cleared but I don't want to promote the competition for free! :sneaky:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Time for an update.

AWF:

1604838090105.png

UA;

1604838134602.png

AF.net

1604838168717.png

AWF has improved by 13,000 Alexa rank. Also, I predicted that within a month, AF.net would overtake UA in the Alexa ranks. Well, it looks like the UA traffic has completely tanked and they have fallen way below AF.net now. They have too many problems and issues with their site. Whether or not they can recover, I have no idea.

1604838471548.png

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
UA is making a partial comeback!

1607689223093.png

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I've just updated the stats, see here:-

I missed out December!

A healthy increase for Access World Forums (AWF) and it's marvelous to see (UA) Utter Access has a nearly 100% increase! Well done UA, glad to see that you are getting things sorted out.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Nice work Uncle! Looks like we get twice the traffic, 50% higher average visitor duration, more pages visited per user, and a lower bounce rate. Hopefully we can improve on those figures with the new software and hosting.
Partly true but not sure how those stats justify the pages per visit or bounce rate comments.

OOPS - sorry that quote was from an old post long before the latest update

I'm a regular visitor at many forums including UA. I think those stats for UA visitors may be partly an illusion related to how Google's algorithms handled the change in software. There was no obvious sign of decline after the new software was introduced nor is it obvious that it has recently gained in popularity

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
small loss of hits for Utter Access (UA)
May I suggest a 45% loss of traffic is in fact a huge drop?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
May I suggest a 45% loss of traffic is in fact a huge drop?

Well it's difficult to say, because the stats keep going up and down like a yo-yo for both sites really!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
*Chuckles*

I say it is a catastrophic loss! They have gone from getting 39% of AWF's traffic to 18% in just a month. Then again, next month you never know, it might go back again. They did suffer a huge loss of traffic down to an Alexa rank of nearly 1,000,000, but since then, they have recovered somewhat to around the 400 mark. They were previously around 190 before the upgrade to the site. So, my guesstimate is that it is a permanent downgrading by Google. Their black box ranking algo probably penalises sites that get issues.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
AWF & UA Hits Update

Well this is just amazing! Access World Forums (AWF) are UP nearly 100% up on last month. I wonder if it's because people are getting back into work after Covid? People taking on new jobs, new tasks, new businesses because old businesses have gone. Don't know... Any insights, would be worth knowing! Post them here if you've got them!

Unfortunately Utter Access has not been so lucky. Judging by the increase in Access World Forum (AWF) hits, and a significant drop in at Utter Access, it's got to be something technical I reckon. If they're going to save UTTER ACCESS they need to get somebody to look at the cogs and wheels driving the site. Get it sorted or they haven't got long I reckon...

Would be nice to have some of those nice graphs from Alexa Ranking Jon, if you've got the time!

Mod edit: Sorry Uncle, can't give them free links.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
The stats from SimilarWeb seem to be way off this time. There has not been a 100% increase. But, the Alex ranking has dropped from about 120K to 103K recently which is a good thing. Maybe we got 10% to 15% increase in traffic recently. I cannot of course make any comment on UA except to say that they had a huge sudden increase in Alexa rank recently (bad). The sudden increase looks like perhaps the algo punishing the site for some reason, unless they had an outage.

AWF:

1621371364496.png

UA:

1621371309096.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom