Chinese product quality (2 Viewers)

statsman

Local time
Yesterday, 20:32
OK Rich.

get a hold of yourself...this is going to shock you.

Maybe just maybe Fifty's post had nothing to do with your post.

You have fallen into the trap of actually taking yourself seriously. An absolute need if you're an MP, but a sign of rampant egoism on this fourm.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:32
OK Rich.

get a hold of yourself...this is going to shock you.

Maybe just maybe Fifty's post had nothing to do with your post.

You have fallen into the trap of actually taking yourself seriously. An absolute need if you're an MP, but a sign of rampant egoism on this fourm.
Yet another sensible post from afar:rolleyes:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Just thought I'd say that I bought a lovely warm coat yesterday from BHS (a UK department store) excellent quality, fair price, nicely lined - well worth the money. Made in China.

Who cares if children or women work 20 hours a day to make it, they are very skilled, little fingers little stiches. I'm in Germany next week, so it'll keep the cold out.

I'm very pleased with it.

Col

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 02:32
I'm in Germany next week, so it'll keep the cold out.

I doubt if this will keep the warmth in in Germany :eek:

statsman

Local time
Of couse when the lining starts to go and you inhale the fibers and one leg gets shorter than the other.........
:eek:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
China has poor product quality. China is corrupt. Justice in China is capricious, but they do have accountability. "China executes the former head of its food and drug agency". A missing concept in the US.

Too bad our grossly overpaid executives, wrapped in their Golden Parachutes, are never held accountable in the US for destroying their businesses and defrauding the public. "Lehman Managers Portrayed as Irresponsible". So when will our corporate executives receive "accountability"? Probably never.

Last edited:

ASherbuck

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:32
Am I the only person who is for allowing China to do this?

If they want to sell tainted milk, let them sell tainted milk. Only the idiots will continue to buy and drink it, this could be an effective way of removing the stupid gene from the population.

Steve, we could always grab some torches and pitchforks and head to Beverley Hills. :)

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
China has poor product quality.

Not in all products, maybe the cheaper xmas cracker type stuff.

China is corrupt. Justice in China is capricious,

Obviously in the USA there is no corruption and justice is impeccable. Tell me how many lucrative contracts have been handed out by Bush to his (and Daddy's) business mates to "rebuild" Iraq.

Why is there no apparent justice for Guantanamo captives held illegally without trial? USA justice?

Statsman said:
Of couse when the lining starts to go and you inhale the fibers and one leg gets shorter than the other.........

I don't get that one.

Col

statsman

Local time
Obviously in the USA there is no corruption and justice is impeccable. Tell me how many lucrative contracts have been handed out by Bush to his (and Daddy's) business mates to "rebuild" Iraq.

Didn't Steve go on to say somthing along those lines (without the Iraq reference). :confused:

I don't get that one.

Col

If you look, there was a smilie at the end of that post.
It meant that with all of the illegal substances used in manufacturing in China, when some of them get into your body and have unexpected effects.....
Never mind, if you have to explain it, it's not funny.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
If you look, there was a smilie at the end of that post.

That means nothing - Ken puts one at the end of every post.

It meant that with all of the illegal substances used in manufacturing in China, when some of them get into your body and have unexpected effects.....

Just as well the coat ( and other goods) have to meet the EU (European Standards) - I'm pleased it is not one bought in the USA / Canada then as you obviously have no standards in Northern America.

BTW - What are the illegal substances you refer to? And what evidence do you have they can dramatically shorten a leg without having any effect on the other one.

Or are you deliberately maligning the Chinese because they happen to be "foreign".

Had a chinky for tea tonight - very nice.

Col

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Not in all products, maybe the cheaper xmas cracker type stuff.

Why is there no apparent justice for Guantanamo captives held illegally without trial? USA justice?

Col
You are correct that China probably makes some good high quality stuff, I was just making a simplistic broad statement.

My post was comparing how the Chineese "solve" a corruption problem in comparison to how we "solve" the issue of corrupt "leaders". Instead of being held accountable for their failures, in the US they get showered with opulent wealth. The New York Times reported Cuomo as saying on AIG that: “The board awarded its chief executive officer a cash bonus of over $5 million and a golden parachute worth $15 million,” Mr. Cuomo wrote. “Similarly, in February 2008, a top-ranking executive who was largely responsible for A.I.G.’s collapse was terminated, but still permitted by the board to keep $34 million in bonuses. This same individual apparently continued to receive $1 million a month from the company until recently.Also "Mr. Cuomo, in a letter to A.I.G.’s board on Wednesday, assailed the company for allowing executives to take golf and hunting trips after the government extended an initial $85 billion line of credit to the company. A handful of A.I.G. officials flew to England on a private jet for a partridge hunt that reportedly cost about $90,000. The use of the plane cost about $17,000, according to a person familiar with Mr. Cuomo’s investigation."

statsman

Local time
That means nothing - Ken puts one at the end of every post.
Col

Please note the name of the poster. It's in the top left corner of this message.

Just as well the coat ( and other goods) have to meet the EU (European Standards) - I'm pleased it is not one bought in the USA / Canada then as you obviously have no standards in Northern America.

BTW - What are the illegal substances you refer to? And what evidence do you have they can dramatically shorten a leg without having any effect on the other one.

Or are you deliberately maligning the Chinese because they happen to be "foreign".

Had a chinky for tea tonight - very nice.

Col

"Humour, it's a difficult concept" - Lt. Savak, Star Trek II

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Please note the name of the poster. It's in the top left corner of this message.

Er, yes I know that, I have been a member for 8+ years.

"Humour, it's a difficult concept" - Lt. Savak, Star Trek II

Don't get that. Are you saying you were lying about the illegal substances in the coat and their effects on the human anatomy? If so. . . . why? Because I bought a coat made in China and not the fabulous USA?

Col

statsman

Local time
Er, yes I know that, I have been a member for 8+ years.Col

So you might think to look at the name and realize that some posters have different posting style than others. For example, I only use a smilie to indicate it's a joke.

Don't get that. Are you saying you were lying about the illegal substances in the coat and their effects on the human anatomy? If so. . . . why? Because I bought a coat made in China and not the fabulous USA?
Col

No, I'm saying you have difficulty getting jokes.
BTW, the correct way to punctuate a sentence that begins "Are you saying" is to place a period after the word saying and come to a complete stop. Anything after that is an attempt to place your words into my mouth.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
No, I'm saying you have difficulty getting jokes.

So you were making a joke?
You indicate that the Chinese use materials in construction of a perfectly warm coat that are likely to cause harm, or in some instances reduce the length of one (not both) lower limbs. You have no evidence of this claim. Yet the coat has to meet all the EEC standards and guidelines, so if your claim is true - should I get the coat checked out by the UK trading standards using a copy of your allegations as evidence?

I still can't see what the joke is, why say something so blatently untrue?

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom