Combo box not working properly (1 Viewer)

esymmonds

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:41
Hi,

I'm making a booking system and I have a form that allows you to select an existing customer from a combo box. The combo box uses a query to search for a name that is entered. So you double click on the customer that you would like to book the room for.

This opens another form that shows the roomno, arrivaldate, and departuredate from other forms that have been filled out. But custno comes out as #name?.

Now it all did work and I'm not exactly sure when it stopped working. It is still possible to make it word if the bound column of the combo box is changed but when you save and reopen, exactly the same problem occurs.

Can anyone help me cos I'm getting myself all annoyed!!

Thanks in advance

Emma

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Just stating the obvious Emma - make sure the first form remains open (or minimised) so the 2nd form can refer to the ComboBox.

In the ComboBox, how many columns have you? presumably the first is the ID which is hidden? so the 2nd form refers to that?

Col

esymmonds

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Colin

Thanks for your reply!

Yes the first form is open and there are 4 columns in the combo box. Have tried the ID hidden and not hidden. Everything SHOULD work but it just dosen't!

Emma

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Ok - so the ComboBox is referred to by the query which in turn populates the form.

Is the customer name an output of the query?

Col

esymmonds

Registered User.
Local time
sorry, It's a list box (oops!)

The list box displays the query results.

I'm sick, been trying to get this working all day! Can I e-mail you a copy?

Emma

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom