Conditional Formatting after AutoFilter (1 Viewer)

XerxesDGreat

Local time
Today, 00:27
I'm developing a price list where I import an inventory list from our POS software, do a couple manipulations, and paste it into an import sheet from which I pull information to propagate the worksheet. My goal is to make this a one-operation deal, i.e. paste the inventory list to the import sheet and the price lists are ready for printing, as the end-users have just learned how to turn on a computer.

Now, my boss wants to filter the list into four different lists, location A with on hand inventory, location A with loaned inventory, and the same for location B. I've decided to create a different worksheet for each parameter, again for ease of use. After that, it's simply a matter of AutoFiltering to create the price lists.

Now, my problem. I was previously using Conditional Formatting to create a line every 5 rows so the person reading the price list does not get lost. Of course, that's based on absolute rows, not displayed rows. Is there any way to preserve the Conditional Formatting so that once the information is filtered, I can retain the line every 5 rows?

A touch of further information: I could use pivot tables, but End User A has a little Excel knowledge (which, in his hands, is truly dangerous), End User B knows how to check e-mail, and End User C still hasn't figured out the button on the front of the box. I want this to be as simple as possible.

Thanks in advance!

HaHoBe

Locomotive Breath
Local time
Today, 09:27
Hi, XerxesDGreat,

maybe if you an additional column for a running number may be used you could make good use of the following function in that new column (I assumed Column A to be the running number with the numbering starting off in Row 2, below is the Formula for A2)

Code:
=--SUBTOTAL(3,B$2:B2)
Ciao,
Holger

Attachments

• Sample Conditional Formatting.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 170

XerxesDGreat

Local time
Today, 00:27
Sheer genius! It works just as promised, though I took the liberty of taking off the two minus signs; not sure if they're necessary for something, but it works just fine without them.

Thank you very much!

Robert88

Robbie
Local time
Today, 17:27
Hi Guys,

Your work is brilliant, must commend both of you so I could find my solution.

I needed to number a field from the last recorded on a filtered field, this is exactly the solution I was looking. =2066+SUBTOTAL(3,B$234:B242) and copy these down to work like fill in, brilliant......

Learning everyday, it keeps me going....... Thanks Guys!

Robert88

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom