Continued theology discussion... Not sure what to call this really.... (1 Viewer)

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 06:50
A divine creature, created by the loving hand of an almighty god with free will and a complex and intricate brain with which to learn and question who has chosen to accept, "Hey, I've got all the answers, no more need to grow or learn, no other knowledge need enter my brain because I've got all I'll ever need". Seems to me there is no more use for your continued existence, as you by your own admission you will no longer seek to learn or grow, and therefore will no longer have anything new to contribute. Your free will has worked out great. If I created a robot and imbued it with the capacity for self awareness and the ability to learn and all it chose to do was sit and stare at the wall constantly babbling about what a great wall it was and genuflecting and singing, "Oh great wall, how I love thee" I would consider it a complete and utter failure. The only true sin is the refusal to learn, and the wages of sin are death, because when you refuse to learn or even question, as if the very act of questioning lessens that in which you have chosen to believe, your spirit DIES. You become that robot staring at the wall and drooling. Time for the scrapyard. May you rust in peace.:D By the way I noticed your avatar and looked up Grayskull only to find the following:

Castle Grayskull is a fortress located on the fictional planet Eternia. It forms a central location in the Masters of the Universe toy/comic/animation universe, and also appears in the 1987 live action adaptation.
In the series, it is the target of numerous attacks by Skeletor, Hordak and the Snake Men, all of whom believe that the secrets inside will allow them to conquer Eternia and become the titular Masters of the Universe.

That guy Skeletor seems like kind of demonic imagery for a good little boy like you to be exposed to. Hope you survive. May you be the titular "Master of your Domain" (humorous Seinfeld reference there in case it missed you). Wank on my tree-hugging, bible-thumping friend, wank on.

Ha! Well, I never said there wasn't more to learn.... I am constantly learning more about God and who He is.... The more I learn about History, Science, etc... the more firm my belief in Him becomes. I especially love learning about Psychology and the way the mind works, and humans intereact. I am amazed at the intricacy of how everything works together, not only in our bodies but on the Earth and in the Universe. I have a pastor friend, who in college studied Physics, and he was always telling me that the more he learned about Physics and the Universe, the more cemented his belief in God became.

As far as all the He-man links and stuff you posted... I know the origin, and I am not sure about the "good little boy" part, as I happen to be a woman, but I have a love for all things science fiction and fantasy. I am a video game playing type person, and shocker of all shockers <in a whisper> I have read all of the Harry Potter books. :eek: I don't know what "wank on" means, maybe you can explain that to me (unless its something graphic then I would rather not know). I am perfectly capable of keeping fiction and reality separate, and am fine with acknowledging that good and evil exist, and think that the many plays on the theme that authors (both Christian -if you don't know of any let me point you to C.S. Lewis and Frank Peretti for some good ones- and nonChristain -more of a murder mystery type or gaming type books in this genre-alike) come up with in their FICTION stories is awesome. As far as tree-hugging is concerned, I don't really know where you got that from.... I am very far from being a tree hugger. But you can call me all the names you want, I freely admit to being a Bible-thumper if by that you mean that I cling to It. I do, It has been a source of comfort and joy to me in many dark times. Thanks for trying to point out my sins to me... I must admit that watching He-man is certainly not the only sin I have... so I am not too worried, as it is not my own sins or lack of sins that saves me anyways.

chergh

blah
Local time
Today, 11:50
If the theists would just keep their superstitions to themselves instead of trying to get them enshrined in law no one would care in the slightest about what you believed.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
If the theists would just keep their superstitions to themselves instead of trying to get them enshrined in law no one would care in the slightest about what you believed.

All I ever did was participate in a poll, then people asked me questions and I tried to answer them.... If people don't want to hear what other people believe, then they should stop asking questions or avoid threads with the word "theology" in the title.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 04:50
Yes, refusing to accept evidence is an admirable stance:rolleyes:

Your "Evidence" is outweighed by other evidence. But, as there is no point in trying to go "head to head" with that, I will accept that you and others here are mentally superior to me and rely on:

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

I find it both sad (that you and the others who can't find it in yourself to believe and trust in Him) that you will perish, but I also have this hope that I'll get to see your face when you realize your mistake.

For me, I lose nothing by my faith and belief if for some reason it was all wrong. But if you are wrong - I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time

You will care one day, I guarantee you that. :) One day you WILL care.

chergh

blah
Local time
For me, I lose nothing by my faith and belief if for some reason it was all wrong. But if you are wrong - I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

Ahh you're hedging your bets. Doesn't the big sky fairy know this so he will kick your ass anyway? or does he not care why you worship him just that you do?

I'll try and live a good life but not because some fairy says so rather that its the right thing to do, I really feel sorry for those who need some sort of prize at the end in order to be able to live a good life.

For some reason you seem to think that because you believe in Brand X Sky Fairy it gives you some sort of special insight into humanity or a monoply on morality that allows you to dictate how people should behave. It is this sheer arrogance coupled with the attitude of willfully ignoring evidence that I truly find abhorrent.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
It is this sheer arrogance coupled with the attitude of willfully ignoring evidence that I truly find abhorrent.
No, you are doing that. The evidence is there if you should choose to look.

But as I said it is pointless to get into any sort of "proving" match because it isn't about proof. I think you should go on with what you think and I'll go on with mine. The one thing you cannot argue with, no matter how much you would like to, is the changes wrought in my life and the peace that I have. No technological or human thing has brought about that. So, you can count it foolishness all you want, but don't say you were never given an opportunity. There will be a day when you will kneel before God. I know you don't believe it and believe me, Krystal, and anyone else who states that to be completely mad. That is your choice. You've made your choice and I've made mine. And when death comes (and it will for all of us) we will then see the results.

The funny thing is that even the Bible teaches that for some people even if they could be warned by a dead relative about the truth, they would still scorn the truth. You must want to hear in order for you to hear. You do not want to hear.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Can you please stop arguing whilst soccer is on the box:mad::p

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Can you let us know when it is over so we can resume?;)

Nah, I'm done and outta this thread now. I said what I wanted to and there is really no point in continuing, at least in my view.

chergh

blah
Local time
No, you are doing that. The evidence is there if you should choose to look.

I can't see any. If it is there you can point it out to me

The one thing you cannot argue with, no matter how much you would like to, is the changes wrought in my life and the peace that I have. No technological or human thing has brought about that.

That doesn't make it any more likely that god exists

There will be a day when you will kneel before God.

No there really won't be.

You must want to hear in order for you to hear. You do not want to hear.

Ah so if I start wanting to hear imaginary things then I will hear imaginary things... explains a lot

Nah, I'm done and outta this thread now. I said what I wanted to and there is really no point in continuing, at least in my view.

It must be true then:rolleyes:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
I find it both sad (that you and the others who can't find it in yourself to believe and trust in Him) that you will perish, but I also have this hope that I'll get to see your face when you realize your mistake.

This just doesn't cut it for me.

Any percentage of what God loves perishing in flame should be abhorrent to any conscionable animal. Believers just don't behave from day to day as if it is. As long as they have their boarding pass then all is well. In your case you seem to look forward to it happening. Pretty sickening stuff.

It's called the carrot and stick approach. It's one of many manipulative techniques to suppress.

c_smithwick

Underpaid Programmer
Local time
Ha! Well, I never said there wasn't more to learn.... I am not sure about the "good little boy" part, as I happen to be a woman, ...

Figures.

chergh - rock on brother.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time

Thanks for visiting, your opinions were refreshing and welcome.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
The funny thing is that even the Bible teaches that for some people even if they could be warned by a dead relative about the truth, they would still scorn the truth. You must want to hear in order for you to hear. You do not want to hear.

There is nothing revelatory about the fact that people will always differ in their opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom