Continued theology discussion... Not sure what to call this really.... (1 Viewer)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 10:58
What's a sink estate?:confused:

I could be wrong, according to Paul I always am, but I thought that was the term given to those large council housing estates built on the edge of cities, usually with large high rise flats.

Brian

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 03:58
I could be wrong, according to Paul I always am, but I thought that was the term given to those large council housing estates built on the edge of cities, usually with large high rise flats.

Brian

Youre not always wrong Brain - I never said that. So on this occasion - you're wrong. Its a habit youve got - cos I know your educated enough to know your wrong, You've just gotten slovenly.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
I'm led to beleive not many of them are Catholics or Muslims so it shouldn't be a problem to you should it?
Why would either faith be a problem to me?:confused::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Elohesra_Gib

Snarky but smart
Local time
Today, 03:58
and wouldn't your same argument, that you have used against Kryst, also work against you? No one has a perfect list of facts that is not based on eyewitnesses who could possibly get it wrong. Doesn't all of us bring a "knife to a gunfight"? You used bulling tactics on Kryst that come across as if you are trying to intimidate her, yet all she was trying to do is be honest in telling us what she believes. She didn't ask you to believe it, she was just expressing what she believes. You said "Christians amuse you" well you non-believers amuse me. You jump around with your intellectual kung-fu (to decoy with your see how smart I am) but you do not produce enough facts, just arguments. Your facts and arguments have as many holes in them as religious folks do, but somehow or another your right and they are wrong. I am impressed by a number of folks intelligence, on this board, and some of them caused me to listen to them (and challenges me to research what they are saying) due to their intelligence but more importantly, their demeanor is what caused me to listen.
Maybe he just likes the debate? Seems to me Mr. Smithwick is not offering facts, nor intending to sway anyone to his side of the argument, just pointing out the fallacy in someone else's argument. I am a believer myself, but find it offensive sometime when others proselitize and evangelize as if they are confident that their beliefs are based in known facts. To non-believers they can look pretty uninformed and naive given that they base their arguments on very unproved and often questionable "literary" sources (mainly The Bible). Sometimes you have more influence by your actions. If you open your mouth and posit a very unsupported and unconvincing argument, then someone whom you are seeking to influence can see your actions even less as their back is turned and they are running away from you.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Bob Larson has pointed out elsewhere that Mr Gib, try not to read his name backwards, is infact Mr. Smithwick.
Brian

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 05:58
Maybe he just likes the debate? Seems to me Mr. Smithwick is not offering facts, nor intending to sway anyone to his side of the argument, just pointing out the fallacy in someone else's argument. I am a believer myself, but find it offensive sometime when others proselitize and evangelize as if they are confident that their beliefs are based in known facts. To non-believers they can look pretty uninformed and naive given that they base their arguments on very unproved and often questionable "literary" sources (mainly The Bible). Sometimes you have more influence by your actions. If you open your mouth and posit a very unsupported and unconvincing argument, then someone whom you are seeking to influence can see your actions even less as their back is turned and they are running away from you.

Edit: deleted comment as I reread Brian Warnock's comment and realized that this is just more of the same....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom