Continuous Form with different DLOOKUP expression (1 Viewer)

Jayem

Local time
Tomorrow, 03:41
Is it possible in a continuous form have a different Dlookup expression, I mean different query? I have to compute the Payout using the sum up query of the TeamName * Percentage and every TeamName have its different sum up value. How can I solve this matter. Please help...

1676519739345.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:41
Is it possible in a continuous form have a different Dlookup expression, I mean different query?

That's going to depend on "how different is 'different'?"

You MIGHT do better to consider building a summation query for Payout that groups by TeamName. Look up Summation Query as a place to start.

Jayem

Local time
That's going to depend on "how different is 'different'?"

You MIGHT do better to consider building a summation query for Payout that groups by TeamName. Look up Summation Query as a place to start.
Thank you very much sir... So far i'm doing right. is that what you say sir?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:41
What does "different sum up value" mean?

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

Sounds like what you want is best handled in a report instead of form.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:41
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

As already mentioned, the more info you can provide, the better we can understand the problem, and the faster we can recommend a solution.

Jayem

Local time
this is the summation query of the TeamName in tblIncentive. Then I want to compute the product which will be the Payout in tblEmployee1 at the column 5-Payout4 using column1(Payout1) multiply by field Percentage_Attnd in tblEmployee1.

and also product of Payout 5 & 6 using using same field and the next summation column (Payout2 & Payout3)

1676525638184.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:41
So far i'm doing right. is that what you say sir?

To be honest, I can't answer that without more knowledge of the actual problem. But just FYI, showing the query grid, because it tends to truncate things, is not the best choice to show what you have done. If you switch that to SQL view and then cut/paste the SQL string for posting, that would tell us what you are doing.

Having said that, I inferred the desire to group things for summation, but the query grid you showed us doesn't look like a proper summation query. It is missing a row that would describe whether a field was a grouping element, summation element, or criterion.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 20:41
Is it possible in a continuous form have a different Dlookup expression, I mean different query? I have to compute the Payout using the sum up query of the TeamName * Percentage and every TeamName have its different sum up value. How can I solve this matter. Please help...

View attachment 106477
Perhaps create a function to cater for all your differences and return the calculated required value?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom