converting from dBase (1 Viewer)

N

nick cfh

converting from dBaseIV for MS-Dos

What is the best way to convert dBase files to access with the greatest of ease? My boss has a dBase file that is used for his job and he wants me to convert it from dBase to access including all the queryies and everything like that. Please some one help??

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:46
You can convert the data easily enough by importing the dBase file. There is no program that I am aware of that will convert the dBase forms, reports, etc. to Access. I think that you're on your own with this.

N

nick cfh

thanks for the help anyways. well anyways if i have any more questions or even answers for you guys i will post them. thanks agian.

rpadams

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:46
It's not that bad

A few years ago, I had to convert a whole bunch of dbase 3+ into Access. As Pat said, the tables are easy and, on the whole, Access does a lot of things automatically that dbase made you do programmatically. I'll NEVER miss those fragile *.ndx index files! Relationships are so much easier as well--dbase was relational but not easy to use that way. Once you get the hang of the "event" responses versus a sequential system, I much prefer Access. The learning and conversion curve is a little steep, but ultimately worth the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom