Cool Features? (1 Viewer)

MadMaxx

.NET foo
Local time
Today, 05:08
Hey guys.

What are some cool features you have added to some of your programs. I have completed a program and want to add some interesting stuff to it but don't know what to add. It's a Planning System by the way.

Anyone?

yippie_ky_yay

Registered User.
Local time
Hey MadMaxx,

I got the Access Cookbook (O'Reilly) and it's filled with great ideas! - you can see the table of contents here:
www.oreilly.com/catalog/accesscook/toc.html

One of my favorites is a search form that looks similar to MS help forms (you know the ones that the list narrows down as you type?)

-Sean

M

mission2java_78

What about connecting to an external source and displaying your cities local weather =).

Jon

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
To increase user friendliness I use a form resizer so that no matter what the user screen resolution the form always looks the same.

If you go to www.fmsinc.com the have a Total Access Components with a lot of nice goodies. You can get some ideas from there.

A scrolling marque, tip or quote of the day and loading screen are alwasy nice touches.

gkaste

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:08
I think it will be a cool feature when I get the damn thing to work :)

MadMaxx

.NET foo
Local time
Question. How can the Last modified date be 2 days greater than today???

M

mission2java_78

I put that date in for now...but it takes its value from the database.

Jon

MadMaxx

.NET foo
Local time
So really the program isn't functional yet. It's what you want it to look like in the end?

M

mission2java_78

MadMaxx said:
So really the program isn't functional yet. It's what you want it to look like in the end?

No it is functional 100%...has it been released almost...
I went into the table of the version that held the date and placed that date in there cause i just added that field.
If you want I can change it:)

MadMaxx

.NET foo
Local time
I'm not trying to put you down or anything. It's gonna look cool though.

M

mission2java_78

MadMaxx said:
I'm not trying to put you down or anything. It's gonna look cool though.

What do you mean gonna ;)
You mean it doesnt look cool now :D

:rolleyes: Jon

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
Mission2Java_78:

One word for ya...

Sweet.

yippie_ky_yay

Registered User.
Local time
That does look pretty slick Jon!

How did you get the icon in the corner of the form? - I thought you could only do that in VB?!?

-Sean

M

mission2java_78

The front end is vb.

However you can change access to do the same thing via API for your icon...i've done it for my previous applications. The tree control is the same as well its simply active x.

Jon

M

mission2java_78

yippie_ky_yay said:
That does look pretty slick Jon!

How did you get the icon in the corner of the form? - I thought you could only do that in VB?!?

-Sean

Another suggestion I have is turn off the borders and create your own. You can easily mimic the same functionality (Min / Max / Close) on any form without boreders...than you can put your custom icon as well. This is just an alternative.

Jon

yippie_ky_yay

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Jon - I'll look into that! Coming from VB, that was one of the little things that bothered me when working in Access because I couldn't find it (esp. because it was so easy to do).

Cheers!
-Sean

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom