Copying Check boxes from previous record (1 Viewer)

stu_c

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:28
Hi all
I have records in a sub Form that have tick boxes and Text Boxes, is there a way to possibly have a button on the main form that you can click that pulls this data from the previous record sub form and copies it into the new one?

1 Record per form page

The form details are
Main form Name: FRMOrderDetails
Sub form Name: SFRMWarehouseDetails

Details in Sub form
Check Box Name: ChkOrderProcessing
Text Box Name: TxtOrderNumber, TxtOrderDescription etc

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Many ways you can achieve this, how many fields (that's what a check box is after all) are you talking about?

Probably the most robust is to have an insert query that takes the current record and creates a new one based on as many fields as you need to copy?

stu_c

Registered User.
Local time
Many ways you can achieve this, how many fields (that's what a check box is after all) are you talking about?

Probably the most robust is to have an insert query that takes the current record and creates a new one based on as many fields as you need to copy?
Hello,
I have updated my post a little with the details :)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:28
It might help if you could also post a screenshot of your forms. Just a thought...

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The real issue is that access treats each record as a complete individual record, and there is no such thing as the "previous" record. So if you are on a record, you could save some or all of the fields, and then paste those records into the new record (if it is a new record). You could use the current event to capture the details, and if you make changes update the values you just captured in the after update event. You could find a way to mark controls as being "copyable" and "pasteable," as part of your interface, to give you options.

But it's hard to be on a new record, and then "look back" to the previous record, as by default there's no such thing, as you have to define what you mean by previous, and then retrieve that record. It could be the last used, last entered, latest date, or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom