Corona status (1 Viewer)

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:57
With CNN constantly promoting him with Chris Cuomo his brother,
That's weird. I never made the connection, but now that I see them 'together' I see the resemblance. I guess either Chris is younger, or politics takes a greater physical toll!

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
That's weird. I never made the connection, but now that I see them 'together' I see the resemblance. I guess either Chris is younger, or politics takes a greater physical toll!
I think there are a few sisters between them. !0 - 15 year difference.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:57
To be fair I have never seen Canadian TV, I have seen Eastenders though. ;)

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
To be fair I have never seen Canadian TV
Not sure how that applies to the Cuomo's as I only see the governor on my local news, and his bro' on CNN, which isn't Canadian. Be that as it may, I will proudly say you're missing something. Then again, you might be incorrect. There have been a few Canadian productions that have made it big in US. Wasn't The Red Green Show one of them? Corner Gas was another? I could go on....

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Don't know. I'm not equating location shooting with who produces a show or series. Lot's of Canadian locations have passed for foreign (mostly American I think) locations. You might be surprised to know how many. Even my home town has locations that have substituted for American locales, some of them really in big productions. Transformers was one if I'm not mistaken. But some Cannuk produced shows either had a huge US following or spawned the careers of big stars like Eugen Levy, John Candy, Martin Short. How about shows like SCTV, Degrassi, Trailer Park Boys, Stargate Atlantis, Vikings, that originated or were shot in Canada? The tax breaks are attractive for US productions to shoot here, so next time you grab another handful of popcorn and watch Americana on the big screen, you just might be looking at a diner or street in Dundas Ontario.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Okay, I have seen The Red Green Show it took google to blow the dust off my brain cells.

1587264870103.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:57
I know that my wife watches shows affiliated with the Hallmark channel and its cohorts. A LOT of them have credits at the end of the shows that say "Thanks to" some Canadian city or facilities.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Adopting the Japanese COVID-19 model.
  • Put down the game controller.
  • Turn off Netflix.
  • Put on your gloves and masks.
  • Get your ass back to work.

Last edited:

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I know that my wife watches shows affiliated with the Hallmark channel and its cohorts.
I had to look that one up, thinking you were adding on to Canadian produced shows. It's an American pay tv channel, so I guess not. Are there Canadian "cohorts" of the Hallmark channel then?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I had to look that one up, thinking you were adding on to Canadian produced shows. It's an American pay tv channel, so I guess not. Are there Canadian "cohorts" of the Hallmark channel then?

I updated my comment. The Hallmark channel and its associated Mysteries channel have ending credits that thank various Canadian cities and production companies. So Hallmark probably films in various Canadian locations for tax purposes.

My bad for posting a shorter comment that left some confusion. But I posted that rather late by my standards and might have been more than just a bit tired.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Thanks for the clarification. It fits right in with what I said too - that lots of Canadian locales are substituted for American places or places in other countries. Apparently, some of those more or less well known movies are
Brokeback Mountain, Capote, Titanic, Twilight, Hulk, Big Fat Greek Wedding, KickAss, Suicide Squad, Resident Evil, Total Recall, Pacific Rim, Robocop - I could go on...
Last year there were 140 productions where my hometown was used as a stand in for some other place (not saying the whole production); many of them American places. I guess the crappy Canadian dollar is good for some people.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Actually, south Louisiana has a favorable climate for movie productions. Besides the obvious NCIS: New Orleans TV how, we have had many movies filmed in our area. We recently adjusted our tax breaks a little bit because there was some internal abuse, maybe even a little corruption, going on by people who ended up not shooting a filmed production, but we still welcome folks who want to come to our area for location shooting.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Or California is so rabid about climate they chase out all of the major industries.
California is one place where all that freaking human weirdness starts. That place in New York City which of course is no surprise because those two places were some of the first places to be populated when the country was found many centuries ago and therefore it's the first place where weirdness Creeps in. Then of course it takes many many years for that crap to filter into us in Iowa and in the Midwestern states

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Golly, Adam... it seems from your posts that the weirdness crap has ALREADY made it your way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom