Coronavirus - are we all doomed? (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:20
My daughter works in a nursing home with patients with various levels of disability.

Some need constant care, so my daughter and other carers bath and shower patients. Some are unable to move unaided, they have to lift them which means that the carers have to be closer than the recommended 6-ft apart.

They have not been provided with masks, Shields, anything. They do this everyday.

Dreamweaver

Local time
My daughter works as deputy manager in a local home but she has all the equipment.

I still worry about her though Ii wont get to see her again for 12 weeks

deletedT

Local time
Bloomberg:
China Concealed Extent of Virus Outbreak, U.S. Intelligence Says

Bloomberg will receive some nasty blow back for this article.
I've said it before. I say it again. I never trust the information released by a government that is based on Communism or Religion.
These type of governments hide the real data from their people, because it's the nature of their existence. If they release the correct news, they would vanish in no time by their own people.

I think the number of infections in both China and Iran are at least 3 or 4 times more than what is reported.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:20
Serious Question...

Should people Social distance from other peoples dogs?

My dog likes to be outside, regardless of weather, as she doesm't want to miss anything going on.
There are a lot of dogs in the neighborhood and every owner brings their dog by to say hi to mine.

Today I was near my security camera display and realized that everyone gives her a little love . Some with a little pat on the head and others with a big head scratch. So my paranoia has kicked in realizing my dogs head is no better than a doorknob in this crazy time were going through.

It would drive her crazy to be kept inside and as such she would drive me crazy wanting to go out.

Would it be rude to put a sign in the yard asking people to social distance from her?
I'm sure its something people dont even realize they are doing and I'm trying hard to avoid all risks.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:20
Unfortunately, I have seen credible reports that corona can infect dogs.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:20
I've said it before. I say it again. I never trust the information released by a government that is based on Communism or Religion.
These type of governments hide the real data from their people, because it's the nature of their existence. If they release the correct news, they would vanish in no time by their own people.

I think the number of infections in both China and Iran are at least 3 or 4 times more than what is reported.
Unfortunately nobody cares, the Chinese market is several billion dollars a year for any company willing to do business with them. The Chinese are lauded as heroes for starting the pandemic and then supposedly coming up with solution. It's a joke.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I've seen that too Doc but I guess my neighbors haven't. I'm putting up a sign in the Am.
I guess a simple "Please maintain Social Distance from Malibu" should do the trick.
I'm just worried that someone petting her and then her snuggling with me can be an avenue of transmission.
Much like people walking in their house without taking their shoes off and putting their baby down on the carpet.
These are crazy times.

deletedT

Local time
like people walking in their house without taking their shoes off and putting their baby down on the carpet.

I never understand why American doesn't change their shoes when they come back home. I've never been to States and I'm not sure whether they do the same in real life or not, but from what I see from the movies they wear the same shoes inside and outside their house. I've even seen scenes where they go to bed with the same shoes.
For us it's unbelievable. They're simply carrying the dirt from outside to their bed.

Last edited:

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
You must have been watching Animal House! I can't imagine any normal person going to bed with their shoes on, let alone their street shoes.
I wear slippers inside and shoes outside. In my little shop, it's an old pair of shoes that come off at the top of the basement stairs.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Malibu is not happy with my sign.

mallysign.jpg

deletedT

Local time
You must have been watching Animal House! I can't imagine any normal person going to bed with their shoes on, let alone their street shoes.
I wear slippers inside and shoes outside. In my little shop, it's an old pair of shoes that come off at the top of the basement stairs.
A lot of movies and shows. Almost any movie when a teenager brings his/her friend to his home.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Almost any movie when a teenager brings his/her friend to his home
Well, that explains it - teenagers! (just kidding).
You would not believe everything that is posted on the internet, no? Don't think for one minute that anything you see in movies is typical behaviour. Sometimes it is just the director or writer expressing a bias about something. In this case it could be his/her thinking that teenagers are basically ignorant, ill-mannered, whatever. NOTE I'm not saying those are my sentiments, just that it might be something the director is trying to portray. You are right to wonder, but I would caution against believing everything you see.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I never understand why American doesn't change their shoes when they come back home. I've never been to States and I'm not sure whether they do the same in real life or not, but from what I see from the movies they wear the same shoes inside and outside their house. I've even seen scenes where they go to bed with the same shoes.
For us it's unbelievable. They're simply carrying the dirt from outside to their bed.
Americans never go to the toilet either

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 06:20
They are just LIKELY to contribute to your demise.
speaking of the word DEMISE, there are many people here that might fall into that boat. but the older people are probably safe, as they have learned self control already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom