Coronavirus - are we all doomed? (2 Viewers)

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:29
Sobering Fact: This thread began on January 27th.
We are still not prepared.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:29
AB, I would wonder if China really WAS prepared for it or whether they only revealed their condition after a couple of months. Our friend Tera suggests that from his news sources in Japan, there is some doubt about the REAL start in China.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:29
Well if you listen to CNN and others, they will tell you that China are the real heroes.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:29
I suspect that CNN wants to use Huawei equipment and is ass-kissing to improve the odds.

deletedT

Local time
Today, 09:29
Well if you listen to CNN and others, they will tell you that China are the real heroes.
Can you be more specific?
What do you mean? and What does CNN or others are saying?

Is our news out of date or are you ahead of what is reported?

The title says: The arsonist who plays as Fireman.

Last edited:

deletedT

Local time
AB, I would wonder if China really WAS prepared for it or whether they only revealed their condition after a couple of months. Our friend Tera suggests that from his news sources in Japan, there is some doubt about the REAL start in China.

@The_Doc_Man At this point nothing is for sure. I don't really know what US news agencies are reporting. Our news is simply covering both sides (China & US) about the possibilities.

Did you have this in your news?

This is the tweet from China:
Note to what it says:It might be US army who brought the epidemic to Wuhan. Be transparent! Make public your data! US owe us an explanation!

The tweet is a translated one. The main Chinese tweet is a little bit more harsh. This tweet was released when US announced the first infections in States. The tweet tries to say that US is lying. They spread the Virus themselves and now pretend to be victim. If true, how many infections. If any infections in which hospitals.

the actual Chinese tweet:

K10012330461_2003131957_2003131959_01_02.jpg

What I personally think:
To be true, for me it's very hard to accept the source is a bat or whatever is reported in that range. US has been working on biological weapons for a very long time and we know China has started working on it recently. The possibility of Corona being spread by US is almost near 0%.
I mostly think China has made a mistake and while working on a rare virus, it has been leaked out.
But after all and once again, just my opinion. Not what all Japan thinks.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:29
Can you be more specific?
What do you mean? and What does CNN or others are saying?

Is our news out of date or are you ahead of what is reported?

The title says: The arsonist who plays as Fireman.
CNN carries the water for China in many ways, omission is one. Praising them on the good job they did suppressing the virus, they caused.
"Trump peddles unsubstantiated hope in dark times"
more rubbish.

deletedT

Local time
Praising them on the good job they did suppressing the virus

Again, CoronaVirus is not suppressed in China. They simply stopped reporting correct figures.

An advice from me. (though I'm sure you don't need it)
Put away all your beliefs, Listen to both sides and judge which one is correct. Don't let your political position (Anti Trump or Supporter) get in the way to see the truth.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Put away all your beliefs, Listen to both sides and judge which one is correct. Don't let your political position (Anti Trump or Supporter) get in the way to see the truth.
Probably the wisest remark made on this thread. Tera, I'm impressed, but I am not surprised...

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
How can we trust the advice from the UK government when during the daily briefing from government ministers on how to stay safe, the presenter licks his fingers to turn the page?

Combine that with the fact that the prime minister and his two health ministers both caught it. If their advice was sound advice, why were they not safe?

My belief is that a) they are perhaps not following their own guidance, and b) their misguided belief that face masks are not effective. They confirmed yesterday in the Q&A that face masks are not effective. They said they consulted a Honk Kong expert for advice on this topic. Yet in other briefings they have confirmed that face masks can reduce the risk of an infected person spreading it to other people if the infected person is wearing a face mask. So what is it? Do they work or don't they? The underground tube in London is packed full of travellers (still). If they believe that face masks are not effective, they won't take the action to protect themselves in this confined space. That is why few are wearing them. An infected person without a mask will be breathing the virus over all the others. If they had a mask, the risk to others would be greatly minimised. How well are the countries doing who do wear face masks? Very well! Look at South Korea, China, Singapore. Everyone wears them over there. Way lower infection rates.

If you are infected, and research suggests 20% of people do not have any symptoms, then wearing a face mask in public means you are significantly reducing the risk of transmitting this virus to other people. So I do not get, understand, comprehend or can even rationalise the governments stance. Perhaps they want to keep the lie that they don't work so health workers don't get a shortage of them, and then cherry pick an adviser to back up that stance so they don't get accusations of misleading the public in the future. "It wasn't our fault. Our advisor said they didn't work!"

Sadly, my position is, don't trust your government! Do your own independent research and analysis, or just read my rants because I have done it all for you! Stay safe! AWF saves lives!

Last edited:

deletedT

Local time
Sadly, my position is, don't trust your government!

While it may be correct about UK government, but not for us.
Our government and health organization insist on wearing mask. Prime minister, ministers, Parliament use them too. It's very hard to see someone without a mask.
It may not be 100% effective, but we believe it's better than nothing.
A university professor was telling a normal person unconsciously touches his face, mouth, nose and eye 20 times an hour.
At least it prevents touching our nose and mouth which is effective to shut out the Virus.

PS: Another one:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@Tera, from memory, you are in Japan? I have just been ranting with my father, saying that countries like Japan, South Korea and China are taking the correct approach. We know for example that the overall package of measures by South Korea has done an excellent job in containing the virus. So, why not, without the need for evidence for each step used, just copy it in entirety? You can then build evidence for each and every step later on, but you already know the overall package works.

It may not be 100% effective, but we believe it's better than nothing.
I completely agree with you. And it helps prevent the infected people spreading the disease to others. Truncate it at source.

deletedT

Local time
@Jon Yes I'm in Japan and I really insist you and your family use mouth masks.
Just look at the numbers.
First infection in Japan was almost one month earlier than US and maybe 3 weeks earlier than Italy and UK.
We are still bellow 2000 infection and only 56 death. (most of them were over 80 years old)

We are not giants and we don't have extra DNA.
We simply sterilize our hands rapidly, wash our mouth and nose several times daily and use mouth mask.

Edit: I hesitated to add this. Because most of those who read it may not understand what it means to us.
UK, France, Germany and several other countries are starting giving financial help to their citizens.
Japan was almost doing the same, but the government changed the direction and instead of financial help,
decided to send face masks to each household.
Mask is getting hard to find here. So instead of cash, they preferred to secure people of getting infected.
They say the result is the same. If the infection rate is low, then there's no need to shut down the city and
everyone can live on his own just like before the outbreak of Corona Virus.

Me, as an individual, prefer to be healthy and be able to work, than receiving several thousands Yen and be
afraid of when me or one of my family get infected.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Without financial aid, everything will go bust over here. We need more face masks developed from local industry. But when the government and WHO are advising against their use, what hope have we?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
The latest from our leader . . .
President Donald Trump said at a White House news conference Friday that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines are strictly voluntary. “You can do it – you don’t have to do it. It’s only a recommendation.”

Trump repeatedly stressed it is voluntary. "I don't think i'm going to be doing it," he said.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
He also said, "Maybe I will change my mind." And to me at least, he implied he was referring to sitting behind the Oval office desk, as he is greeting leaders of other countries. Just adding some context. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom