Coronavirus - are we all doomed? (1 Viewer)

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:40
Sweden are taking a herd immunity approach, much against what the rest of the world is doing. Their figures are not as bad as I thought they might be, but then I looked into a rather crucial statistic. They have less than 1/10 the UK population density. Of course that is going to help them big time.

Sweden's death rate is around 70 percent.:eek:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:40
The issue is how countries report their numbers, or modeling.

Wallensten also corrected figures published in a report by the Public Health Agency on Tuesday, which was almost immediately retracted after a journalist noted incorrect figures in the presentation.

He said that the report had now been corrected, and that the main conclusion remained the same apart from minor changes: it now names April 8th, rather than April 15th, as the date when most people were contagious, and that 26 percent of Stockholmers are expected to have contracted the virus by May 1st.

The main error in the report, that there were around 1,000 times as many people infected by the coronavirus as the number of confirmed cases (1,000 times the number of confirmed cases in Sweden would amount to more than the country's entire population), had happened when a wrong variable was added in when creating the model. The correct figure is an estimation of 75 cases per each confirmed case in Stockholm.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:40
Live NOW! just Starting!!!

World Health Organization Holds Coronavirus Briefing | LIVE | NowThis

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I did watch the WHO update and it seems the big message is "it's far from over" that doesn't sound promising.

I turned on the closed captioning CC and the interpretations from the questions were funny. Finally some comic relief.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
of cases with outcome.
Thanks I looked at this data earlier totally missed that.

the US is trending at 30% and Sweden is trending at 70%

1588036230839.png
1588036352516.png

And here is China 6% not only are they really good at starting pandemics, but they also really good at containment also.
Or so the number would suggest

1588037217478.png

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:40
but they also really good at containment also.
According to this they are
All confirmed, suspected, asymptomatic cases and their close contacts will be put into strict quarantine. All their neighbours in the same building must be isolated at home for two weeks with around-the-clock surveillance.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah, I saw someone dragged off the street and wielded in. I guess that's one way of dealing with dissenters.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
The issue with Sweden is they have a huge number of care homes infected. Since they hold the elderly, ,the death rate is much higher.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:40
Sad but makes sense. New Orleans has a lot of elder-care centers that have been hot-beds of COVID-19 as well. Our nursing home Lambeth House was the first of our big hot spots - but sadly, not our last. We lost former New Orleans Saints' kicker Tom Dempsey to COVID-19 while he was in Lambeth House due to incipient Alzheimer's.

mdnuts

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:40
I have heard that one so many times now that I have to point out what the another side of the story is to that "fact", which didn't come from Fox News (aka David Pecker is Trump's best friend). In a nutshell, it is this:

- US holds billions in Iran assets and won't release any of it under the circumstances
- Iran signs nuclear non-proliferation deal/treaty in exchange for getting their assets back
- US gives Iran what belongs to them in good faith (which is the "payment" that so many seem to think happened).
- Fox tells Trumpians that Obama gave Iran billions and leaves it to the viewer to draw their own conclusion as to what that means. Naturally, no one is going to think it was Iran's money in the first place and was a reciprocal part of the treaty deal.

Whether or not it was a great deal isn't the point. I know that version yet my relatives keep harping on about the other version like it was US taxpayer money. I have never spoken about what I saw on the news because they're all brainwashed and I don't discuss politics with them. So truly, which version is right? If anyone is going to post an answer to that, I hope it is factual and based on the clear, unequicvocal and complete truth and not opinion. We both can't be right - or else I'm misinterpreting what these Iran payment comments mean.

In every single day in this nation, through every single modern Administration (but skyrocketed under Obama) the assets of Americans are seized and forfeited without a single charge against them being required. Often no conviction is had - yet they cannot get their property back.

Should we assume it's better to give it to that nation - a sworn enemy?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
A research dossier compiled by the so-called "Five Eyes" intelligence alliance states that China intentionally hid or destroyed evidence of the coronavirus outbreak, leading to the loss of tens of thousands of lives around the world

The 15-page document from the intelligence agencies of the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia and New Zealand, was obtained by Australia's Saturday Telegraph newspaper and states that China's secrecy amounted to an “assault on international transparency."

TIMELINE OF CHINA'S POSSIBLE CORONAVIRUS COVER-UP

The dossier touches on themes that have been discussed in media reports about the outbreak of the virus, including an initial denial by China that the virus could be transmitted between humans, the silencing or "disappearing" of doctors who tried to speak up, the destruction of evidence in laboratories and refusal to provide live samples to international scientists working on a vaccine.

Specifically, the file notes that China began censoring news of the virus on search engines and social media beginning Dec. 31, deleting terms including “SARS variation," “Wuhan Seafood market” and “Wuhan Unknown Pneumonia.”

Three days later, on Jan. 3, China’s National Health Commission ordered virus samples to be either moved to designated testing facilities or destroyed, while simultaneously issuing a "no-publication order" related to the disease.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I think it was in this thread that there was a discussion about Trump's casual approach to what he says, which allegedly led to the death of someone who drank fish tank cleaner. Well, I've just watched a rather interesting video by a lawyer where they said there were a number of red flags about this incident.

Firstly, the lady who blamed Trump was a Trump-hater who had donated thousands to the Democrates. She is on record as calling him a psycho. So, blame Trump because she hates him. Gives motive to blame Trump.

Secondly, she said to police she gave a dose to her husband and herself. But she has a police record of domestic abuse against her husband, and she was also going through a divorce with him. Motive: financial gain. Previous evidence of harm against her husband. Why get half of something on divorce when you can get a whole of everything on murder?

Thirdly, why would you take something for Covid-19 if you don't actually have it?

So, could it just be plain murder, using someone she hates, Trump, as a scapegoat?

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
When you lay it out like that, it definitely sounds that way. As much as I dislike Trump overall, I personally don't blame him for any of that stuff. He just made some off the cuff thinking aloud type of comments about, basically, hydroxycloriquine and especially about the disinfectants, which I didn't think were a big deal - he's thinking out loud, "if disinfectants kill the virus so fast on surfaces, why can't we replicate something like that in the body as treatment?", which is a valid and not at all crazy thought to have.
Even when I don't like people, I try to think fairly towards them.

Another possibility is that yes they wanted to get on the news in order to make Trump look bad ... and also didn't think they were going to die, quite. Or the husband murder. Either one makes sense to me.

Reactions: Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom