Coronavirus - are we all doomed? (3 Viewers)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:20
Apparently, because it is an unusual death, there is a homicide detective on the case. That doesn't imply guilt because it is a common procedure.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:20
The only reference I could find of her being a "Prolific Dem. Donor" was in the Washington Free Beacon which is the paper who originally hired FusionGPS to investigate Trump (Steele Dossier). They have a mixed rating as to truth telling.
link to story which says she donated thousands https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/...aner-was-prolific-donor-to-democratic-causes/
link to open secrets shows $2k in donations ...https://www.opensecrets.org/donor-lookup/results?name=wanda+Lenius

there are some sources claiming theres an open homocide investigation and some denying it.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...-man-not-being-investigated-homicide-n1195591

The domestic was her apparently hitting him with a bird house which was dismissed.

Bottom line if your trying to poison someone, do you also take the poison?

As far as the Attorney video if it was TechnoFog he is a prolific trump supporter.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
No idea who TechnoFog is.

The risk of death may depend on the dose. She was in control of the dose. Who knows, they might find she put other stuff in there too.

This is the video:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:20
No kidding! I've been coughing since November.

1588730422471.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:20
I saw an interesting article that suggests that COVID-19 has been brutal to some and mild to others based on the HLA genes that control your leukocyte "sensitivity" to disease. If you have a strong HLA response, COVID-19 never gets traction. If you have a week HLA response, it might not be so mild. The article clarified that their data was incomplete because of the time it takes to fully evaluation the HLA genes in the victims, complicated by the idea of having to take a tissue sample from a corpse might require family permission. They also need a control group. However, the intent is to delve deeply into the HLA potential.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
oops! Turns out activist judges cannot jail people without bail for protesting lock downs.

1588874521098.png

deletedT

Local time
I can't understand why media attack President Trump when he calls this Chinese Virus?
What's wrong with it? The source is China. Why it's racist to call it Chinese Virus?
I'm from Japan. Is it racist if somebody calls me Japanese?
Can anybody explain?
Personally, I don't like President Trump but I can't understand why they put him under pressure when he's not wrong.
Today I've seen more than a hundred clips on SNS apps attacking president. Does it make Sense?

Last edited:

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
IMHO that is the politically correct faction, whom I have grown tired of listening/reading to and about their views. Regardless of which side of the fence you're on, if you make enough noise you drown out the other side; the side that thinks that if they ignore you, you will go away. Unfortunately, that isn't working. Not everyone is on the pc side of the fence - I posted as much here

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I can't understand why media attack President Trump when he calls this Chinese Virus?
What's wrong with it? The source is China. Why it's racist to call it Chinese Virus?
I'm from Japan. Is it racist if somebody calls me Japanese?
Can anybody explain?
Personally, I don't like President Trump but I can't understand why they put him under pressure when he's not wrong.
Today I've seen more than a hundred clips on SNS apps attacking president. Does it make Sense?
Attribute it to "Trump Derangement Syndrome" (TDS). It's a form of mass irrationally hysteria. Sadly, there is NO logical explanation.

There have been several jokes related to TDS.
  1. Should Trump cure cancer, the media would be blaming him for putting doctors out-of-work.
  2. As the COVID-19 pandemic abates and people get back to using their cars, Trump will be blamed for the rise in auto accident deaths.
PS: A sub-theme that you may have heard about. The politically correct horde have been attacking symbols of the old Confederacy (US Civil War 1861-1865). Essentially, re-writing US History in a more one-sided negative manner. Yet this crowd has totally ignored the travesty of California Mission System, which wiped-out much of the local indigenous people in the California. So it is quite amazing to watch how the hatred being spread by the politically correct horde is very selective and transitory.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Tera,
The problem is not only in America, it is worldwide. Trump drew criticism because of his position and because he commands what we call the Bully Pulpit which reaches a lot of ears in the world. The WHO in 2015 reccomended against naming illnesses due to location because of the stigma it creates. As a result of calling it the China virus there were increased reports of discrimination and attacks against asian people and businesses.

Here's a wikipedia article which covers reports of such around the world. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...a_and_racism_related_to_the_COVID-19_pandemic

Here's the excerpt from the entry for New York
On 10 March 2020, a Korean woman in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, was confronted on the street by somebody yelling "Where is your corona mask, you Asian bitch?" before punching the woman, dislocating her jaw.[297] Later in the week, in Forest Hills, Queens, New York City, an Asian man walking with his 10-year-old son was harassed by a person yelling, "Where the fuck is your mask? You fucking Chinese" before being hit over the head.[298] Another incident occurred on 16 March where a woman in Midtown Manhattan was spat upon, and had her hair pulled out by a woman who blamed her for coronavirus.[299]

In the New York City Subway, a woman wearing a face mask was punched and kicked by a man who called her "diseased".[300] Numerous other incidences of harassment of Asians on the New York City Subway followed, including one in which a person was seen spraying an Asian man with an unknown substance.[301][302] On 19 March 2020, an Asian woman was robbed of her cellphone by a man who swung a punch at her and told her, "Go back to China", "You are dirty, get your temperature checked"; the victim was unharmed.[303] On 28 March 2020, a Chinese woman in the Bronx was harassed with racial slurs about the coronavirus by 4 teenage girls and was attacked with an umbrella on the bus. The victim required medical attention with 4 stitches on her head.[304][305]

In Brooklyn, New York, a social media post was sent from the office of New York State Assemblymember Mathylde Frontus urging citizens to avoid Chinese businesses. Frontus apologized for the message, blaming the incident on a part-time office assistant sharing a chain email; the staff worker was fired and the rest of the staff was ordered to complete cultural sensitivity training.[306][307] The apology by the Assemblymember triggered Brooklyn Community Board 13 member Ronald X. Stewart to post a xenophobic anti-Chinese rant, also targeted to Chinese-Americans, on social media expressing dismay that the Assemblymember had to make an apology. That community board member was given notice by Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams that his reappointment to the community board would not be renewed.[306]

In March 2020, as New York became a global hotspot, prejudicial sentiment against New Yorkers began to be reported as several states put into place regulations banning, blocking or imposing quarantines on them.[308][309][310] New York state governor Andrew Cuomo proclaimed "We will not let New Yorkers be discriminated against" as he reprimanded Rhode Island for initiating xenophobic procedures targeting New Yorkers.[311]

Heres a website that collects reports of racism and harrassment against asian americans which numbered 1500 in one month
http://www.asianpacificpolicyandplanningcouncil.org/

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:20
In politics, there are "mood swings" among our citizens. The "progressives" get in and start the politically correct mantras, but eventually people get tired of it and over-react. It is like we can take only so much "progress" at once. It doesn't help that the progressives can be heavy-handed about it.

My own viewpoint is that there is impoliteness, which SHOULD be called down, but when it reaches the point of "political correctness" those doing the calling down simply want to stop further discussion. They don't want to hear opposition because they know that they can't answer the "Freedom of Speech" issues that would inevitably arise.

Reactions: Jon

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Political correctness is a double edged sword, it was designed and created to be used against one side of the political spectrum. People do not take the time to realize this weapon can be turned on them!

When political correctness is turned on them you see the hypocrisy pour out of them, and the other-side revels in the news. It becomes an issue of fairness and balance.

deletedT

Local time
Tera,
Here's a wikipedia article which covers reports of such around the world.
Here's the excerpt from the entry for New York
Heres a website that collects reports of racism and harrassment against asian americans which numbered 1500 in one month

@moke123
I get your point and I understand your concern. Let me ask you a question.

Using "Chinese Virus" is not allowed. Is it OK if I say "Covid-19 that was started from China" ?
Doesn't both have the same effect?

Or should we hide the source of the virus because of some racist cases?
Then who will be responsible for the lost lives and the hard time the whole world is going through?

Last edited:

mdnuts

Registered User.
Local time
The WHO in 2015 reccomended against naming illnesses due to location because of the stigma it creates. As a result of calling it the China virus there were increased reports of discrimination and attacks against asian people and businesses.

I can't imagine there is much of a difference between calling it a Chinese Virus and a Virus that originated in China. Had Trump not called it that, would there still have been anyone unaware of it's origins? People who are inherently bigoted will be bigoted no matter what.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Because it is silly and with little to no precedent (yes no go ahead everyone and google some exceptions to this, but regardless)….to name a virus after a people. That distracts from the scientific treatment and approach to the virus. Imagine we start calling diseases the German disease. The American disease. The Italian flu. That would be silly and nobody does that. Except Trump, who already was in a war against China.
Surely you can see a coincidence here.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
German disease.
Have you not heard of German Measles? Already done.
How many outbreaks or diseases have already been named after the location from which they originated? Must be at least 7 to 10. I suppose sometimes they don't really deserve the association, but in this case, the irresponsible and reckless Chinese government does deserve the blame for Covid 19 pandemic and the havoc it has brought to the whole world. They need to wear it forever, and AFAIC, there's no better way to do that than to name it after the location, the people or the government. I'm tired of the political correctness that forever seeks to minimize things or fears to call something what it truly is. It's why we have trophies for 'also rans' and awards for mediocrity and scholarly advancement for those who might just as well have stayed home from school.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I think naming a scientific issue based on a tirade of vengeful feelings is silly, and that's why we don't do it. I'm tired of people making up political soundbites to advance an agenda and hoping they stick as if they are something official. Anyway, we can agree to disagree.
PS .. I realize that those who are coming at this with an axe to grind at China will find this almost irresistible, and I sympathize with that.

mdnuts

Registered User.
Local time
I think naming a scientific issue based on a tirade of vengeful feelings is silly, and that's why we don't do it. I'm tired of people making up political soundbites to advance an agenda and hoping they stick as if they are something official. Anyway, we can agree to disagree.
PS .. I realize that those who are coming at this with an axe to grind at China will find this almost irresistible, and I sympathize with that.

"Scientific Issue"? It became scientific after it was that particular region who yet again - needlessly killed lives. Call that vengeful if it makes you feel better, i call it reality.

"(They) should shut down those things right away. It just boggles my mind that when we have so many diseases that emanate out of that unusual human-animal interface that we don't just shut it down," Fauci said.

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

but as for silly names... MERS anyone? Boy that couldn't possibly target any particular group with the official name, could it.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I think naming a scientific issue based on a tirade of vengeful feelings is silly,
Historically, revenge had nothing to do with it. The pattern has always been based on the name of the origin of the outbreak. I agree that this time one might say revenge is at play but I only think that calling it the Wuhan whatever follows a long established pattern - a pattern that the pc think is no longer acceptable. In the case of Covid, I happen to think it is warranted. In fact, I got a copy of some wannabe newletter in my mailbox the other day. The paper wants to call this one the CCP disease - Communist Chinese Party Disease (or some such political moniker). It's because of the very nature of Communism (meaning suppression of all things - information dissemination, freedoms, etc.) and the abject failure of the Chinese government to act responsibly - which by the way would include arming the world with information that they could then choose to act or not act on.

I suppose if one starts a fire, it is not pc to call them an arsonist? Where will you stop?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Personally, I think it doesn't matter where the virus came from, whether it's from a bat, a lab, or crawled out of the sewer. The fact is, it's here and its worldwide, and we - so called intelligent clever people have to find a cure or a vaccine.
All major industrial countries have 'secret' labs and scientific areas where they cultivate viruses which can make Covid 19 look like a summer cold, and we all pray that sufficient precautions are taken to keep them in a test tube. However, somewhere, somehow Covid 19 appeared, now, clever people of the scientific world,prove how good you are and counter this virus, eliminate it and let's get back to something resembling normal.
Mouthing off the Chinese, is doing no good. Remember, these viruses appear and most are comparatively mild like the flu, look back over the centuries and you will find they occur every now and then.
Like my father used to say 'sit down, and shut up unless you have something useful to say'.
Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom