Corruption? (1 Viewer)

mamradzelvy

Member
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:31
Joined
Apr 14, 2020
Messages
96
Hi,
today i've encountered the strangest error yet.
I back up my project very frequently (after any major change or implementation of any kind)
I had a perfectly well working front end which i have backed up and copied over to several machines.
It randomly stopped working even though NOTHING has been done it, or with any of its back ups (which now dont work either???)
I have a simple on dblclick event on a listbox which opens the selected record on an edit form.
We tested this several times on mutiple pcs, and it worked flawlessly. We had something to eat, were chatting for a bit and now i decided to test it once more after sitting back down and it gives me a error message saying something in the lines of "On dbl click event which was set as a event setting has caused the error: File not found"
When i started investigating and put it into design view and then back it gives me an identical error only not on the dbl click event but rather the On Load event.
how is this possible? and why does it affect previously working back ups too??
is this one of those "because it's access" moments, or am i doing something wrong?
 

mamradzelvy

Member
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:31
Joined
Apr 14, 2020
Messages
96
AND NOW ALL OF THEM STARTED WORKING AGAIN????
Nothing has been done, i just wrote this post, went to test several back ups and they work flawlessly again?
send help. i think i'm going crazy over here.
 

mamradzelvy

Member
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:31
Joined
Apr 14, 2020
Messages
96
Please tell me it's just because of some sort of port obstruction caused by team view or something as i try to communicate with our server where i have my backend db file
 

The_Doc_Man

Happy Retired Curmudgeon
Local time
Today, 17:31
Joined
Feb 28, 2001
Messages
16,760
You appear to have a classic case of corruption. A standard approach would be a "Compact & Repair" on a copy of the FE first to see what it does. It might do nothing obvious, but heck that ("nothing obvious") isn't a surprise with Access.

You MIGHT need to create a new, empty DB file and import things from the FE file one at a time to see if any of them barfs. If so, delete what you just imported and try getting it from a backup. If the imported stuff works, you cleared the corruption. Note that the "External Data" manager allows you to import or export. I'm suggesting to do the import from the new file rather than do the export from the old file. Doing the export from the context of the old file means that if it WAS corrupted, you were working from a corrupted context. The new file can't be corrupted so would not be so easily affected.

There is also the possibility that this is DATA corruption, so it is important to look at what you were "touching" when things went south on you. If you were touching table X then see if you can call up a datasheet view on table X and see if anything seems out of place. You didn't say what your BE file looked like, but if it is an Access BE (JET or ACE) then if possible, take the system down and attempt a C&R on the BE as well. If it isn't native Access for the BE, other members will have to advise.
 

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:31
Joined
Oct 20, 2018
Messages
2,667
communicate with our server where i have my backend db file
If all of a sudden, a whole host of Access files don't work but did before, then I have to wonder about how you're connected to things. Sounds like a connection problem.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom