Crazies and Nutjobs (1 Viewer)

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:34
Somewhat more shocking news today... Appearently some months ago this guy was quoted as saying:
I am fired, out of a job and almost out of money. If I cannot find a job soon and cannot keep my house I may do something crazy....

As a mater of fact he was to be evicted from his home Friday May 1, the day after this happening...
So maybe if people had payed (more) attention this all could have been prevented, but hind sight gives perfect view offcourse.
To be fair, plenty of people say things like this, but very few ever do anything about it. What he did was terrible, but I doubt any country (the Netherlands included) has sufficient resources to monitor every empty threat, just in case they become genuine. You've also got the bleeding heart brigade who'd start whining about the rights of the person being monitored.

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 09:35
I'll tell you somthing - if I was next to my partner and tey were run over and kill - in a pointless way (not an accident) I think I would need seeing to ...

if its an accident I do think it is slightly different - if its deliberate then i think there can be scars -

mainly for thoses who were involved

- we could look at Hillsborough and say the same thing (and it has been said )
I personally think that we may be a bit too remote/removed and perhaps we should be touched by these incidents more (not that we need to see specilaists-) this might makes us value life more than we do ..
if it happens to Johnny foreigner then its ok - if it happens to us its a disaster .. (which is b*llocks) - we should be equally appalled by the same incident -

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 17:35
if it happens to Johnny foreigner then its ok - if it happens to us its a disaster .. (which is b*llocks) - we should be equally appalled by the same incident -

Not at all ok if it happens to anyone. We were just saying that people do tend to get a bit carried away these days with the whole trauma thing. Absolutely, if you're in the car with the guy or related to him, you will, naturally, be affected more than anyone standing in the crowd.

My whole point, and sorry if I didn't express this sufficiently, is how come some people are able to cope easier with trauma than others?

I am appauled but still curious as to what makes us all so different, and the whole coping mechanism is vastly different. Many of us have lost our jobs, houses, families etc and not taken the stance of ramming our car into a public procession, what made him so different?

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 09:35
agree.

what does make 1 person go off the rails more than the other .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom