Creating a M-M relationship using a different M-M join table (1 Viewer)

mergle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:35
Very nice and good changes. Thank you.

4. add costDT to the po material table. You need to add code to set the date when the price changes and also add code if you want to update the price on any outstanding POs. But, you also need to add a flag to the PO so you know which have not actually been sent yet because you can't change the cost after the PO is sent.
The end user is currently sending Excel spreadhsheets to each supplier for their order with only material quantity needed...and no pricing. However I thought about this regarding NEW price increases from vendors and how that affects existing records with the OLD prices. I havent searched on this yet but will once I get deeper into this database as I will need to consider this very soon. I would certainly welcome any info on this if any available.

Regarding the flag, the current process is to send PO's the moment they are created. I am thinking the flag is for the scenario where a PO may be prepared in advance for cost budgeting purposes, and for future buying?

Again thanks to you guys for the help and points to ponder.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:35
Hi. Good luck with your project!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:35
You're welcome. Technically, the vendor sets the price although he should send you regular updates. The question is, how you handle a vendor price change after you placed the order. Do you change the price in the PO as well as updating the price in the product table. You have to have some way to value inventory and that will depend on how you handle this.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom