Crystal Report Delima (1 Viewer)

mikestokes

Local time
Today, 04:25
Hi Guys, I am fairly new to Chrystal Reports and I find that I may be trying to do something that the program is not designed to do. First I am pulling data from a SQL Database. My report is searching for missing invoice numbers within the database from either lost or destroyed invoices. The table that holds the invoice numbers is set up for 10 digits in which we only use 6 digits for now. There are 50 invoices to a book and I want to be able to input my search with the user inputting the first invoice number of the book. The table is named InvoiceNumb. Is there a way to be able for the program to take this invoice number in the search and print it to a report and if this number actually exists in the database print the other selected fields that are associated with this number. For example :

Invoice Number Date Employee Amount
0000125050 02/12/2010 Mark $ 236.85
0000125051 02/12/2010 Steve $ 178.53
0000125053 02/14/2010 Larry $ 89.25

Then take the invoice number that was printed and add One (1) to it and print it on the next line. Upon doing so go to the database and find the data that is associated with this Invoice Number if it exists. If it does not exist only the Invoice Number will be printed with no other data in the other fields. Then go to the next Invoice Number until all 50 are printed in the report.
I have not been able to find a way to print data that does not exist in the database. Thanks for your help.

Mike

Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 04:25
Why did you post something which copies things over and over again in it? I suggest you fix this post (there is an edit button) otherwise we'll delete it.

RenaG

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:25
I don't know if you figured out a solution to your problem or not but here is a suggestion:

Go into the Section Expert on the detail line. Click the x+2 button next to the Suppress option. Choose a field that would have data in it and write a formula something like this:
{employee} <> ' '
Save and close. It should suppress all the records that are not blank.

HTH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom