Data Access Page - Password (1 Viewer)

kevygee

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:22
I'm currently using a data access page web form in order for users to enter data into my database. The database is protected with a generic password. Whenever the form is opened in IE, it asks for that password.

The functionality that I want is for the users accessing the database through the data access web form to not need a password, but I do want the password on the database itself. This way users can't just see all the information stored within the database, but they can submit certain information through forms. Is this possible? I can't really find much about data access pages even requiring passwords, but it makes sense. I just don't know how to achieve the desired functionality.

NewfieSarah

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:52
Hi kevygee, I know that I cant help you, but maybe you can help me with DAP's I dont have any idea what I am doing and since you have them already maybe you could help me with creating them. I have a database already and want to change my forms to DAP's any help you can give me would be great. Thanks in advance

mateogp

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:22
This is what im looking for also, is it possible?

Mateo

reclusivemonkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:22
kevygee said:
I'm currently using a data access page web form in order for users to enter data into my database. The database is protected with a generic password. Whenever the form is opened in IE, it asks for that password.

The functionality that I want is for the users accessing the database through the data access web form to not need a password, but I do want the password on the database itself. This way users can't just see all the information stored within the database, but they can submit certain information through forms. Is this possible? I can't really find much about data access pages even requiring passwords, but it makes sense. I just don't know how to achieve the desired functionality.

I would of thought that your password was there for a reason, and as such you don't want to remove it. Can't IE manage the password itself? What sort of dialog comes up for the user to enter the password in? Is this a secured DB with Users/Groups? Can you manage accounts this way? You could maybe include some code which automatically sends the password to the DB.

Just one other thing to mention; are you doing this on an intranet or the internet? DAP isn't really suitable for the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom