Data size problems on MS Access?? (1 Viewer)

Purge

Local time
Today, 16:06
Hello

We have a MS Access 2000 database situated over a Novell Network. However when it comes to entrying data into system within half an hour it crashes, which means the computer
begins to just freeze and nothing happends. I have noticed that the amount of records in this database is getting larger and larger.

So I am begining to wonder that the amount of records in this database is causing a strain on the network, which causes the application to freeze up.

Anyone out there got any tips on what steps I can do to either increase the performance of the database, or do I actually attack the problem with the network. I have already tried tools and analyising the database.

Thanks

simongallop

Registered User.
Local time
Few questions: What size is the database? (limit 2gig) Is there just one table? (Table limit 1gig) Have you repaired and compacted the database? Do you need all the historical information or can you delete anything that is over 6 months old (or move it into another table)?

Purge

Local time
Data problems on database

Well,

I think it is a lot less than 2 gig, I reckon around half a gig.
I dont think I have compacted the database, just did its suggestions on using long int instead of Text for data names.

There is data that is over six months old, however there is other tables that are related to this data.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom