Database keeps crashing since update to Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

RichO

Registered Yoozer
Local time
Today, 14:35
I design the Access 2010 database for a friend of mine who owns a business. 2 weeks ago he changed his computer to Windows 10 and since then, about every other day this happens:

The only way to fix it is to open the corrupted DB, where a message appears that there is a problem and Access manages to fix it.

The front end is an accdb file and the back end is mdb.

I can only assume it has to do with the operating system change since this has never happened before in 20 years.

Any ideas?

Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:35
Unfortunately, this is an old problem without a permanent fix yet. Hopefully, the Registry workaround will work for you. Good luck!

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 14:35
Rich,

Your scenario is not the only one to which this happens. There is also another one that I've never gotten an answer too...and that error happens when you open a DB. I've had this problem forever and it usually occurs when I've moved from one access version to another. there seems to be no pattern to backward compatibility and forward compatibility either. the error, as far as I can tell, is *not* caused by database corruption like this thread suggests: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e-format/0da1116d-33f8-48b9-816b-5517add9f9c0

but rather by, I believe, trying to read new structures or features in a DB created with a newer version of access, with an older version of access. so obviously MS would do some good to look into that as well.

you might also want to check out this thread that was started by me regarding many windows 10 apps hanging after certain transactions (mouse clicks): https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-seconds/677f60bf-234e-4786-8559-9d38b4518392

so it's very possible that it's a windows 10 issue. the geek squad idiot at best buy told me that the apps could hanging cuz I don't have enuf power to run everything I'm running, but of course that's BS. she was also the one who told me my wifi port was bad on my machine, only for me to find out that it fully recovered itself upon resetting the machine to factory settings. :rolleyes:

you might want to consider resetting that windows 10 machine of his back to factory settings. ever since I did that to mine, I've not had that "hanging" issue or any apps freezing up on me.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:35
Gosh I forgot to say good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom