December 21 2012, should we be worried?? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 05:29
megalomania meg·a·lo·ma·ni·a (měg'ə-lō-mā'nē-ə, -mān'yə)
n.
1. A psychopathological condition in which delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence predominate.

2. An obsession with grandiose or extravagant things or actions.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 13:29
megalomania meg·a·lo·ma·ni·a (měg'ə-lō-mā'nē-ə, -mān'yə)
n.
1. A psychopathological condition in which delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence predominate.

2. An obsession with grandiose or extravagant things or actions.

Are you referring to the USA? You're spot on there matey.

Col

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 22:29
It is correct grammar to use a capital letter for a name.

i thought it was proper to use the name someone has given themselves. you seem to enjoy standing on ceremony but also seem to have double-standards and engage in hypocrisy. that is you pick and choose when and to whom to show respect.

you've shown absolutely no respect to anyone, except your own precious anus, in this thread and ought to be ashamed of yourself.

That's what I am trying to teach you, at last something seems to have got through into your pretty little head.

all you've taught me is that you're a condescending prat. it makes me feel better to know you're far, far, far, far away from me. it also saddens me that you think you're the only one who knows how to do anything "properly".

you seem to me to be someone who makes no effort for anyone's sake and enjoys provoking, belittling and using out-of-line personal attacks. you're a joke of a human being.

if you were to crawl out from under your rock you'd see the world has moved on from the 16th century patronising attitude that you still seem to adopt.

are you a git to everyone, or just women? i am over-joyed to learn you have no children. they'd be pretty screwed up.

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
and now i am calm.

i am disconnecting from this discussion - before i have a cardiac arrest at the mind-bogglingly selfish attitudes and incosiderate nature displayed by ColinEssex.

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Surely it should be "many of you have gotten it wrong"

actually, both are grammatically correct depending on where you are. in terms of using "get" as a verb ('to get'):

past participle (chiefly British) got, (North American or British archaic) gotten
in australia we'd use "got" rather than "gotten" - australia officially uses british english, and when i was in school there was a big reform to revert the british spelling of gaol (from the american jail). there were probably other words also, but this one stuck out for me because of the vastly different spelling of the two.

edit: however, "got" itself is informal, and should be avoided in formal language. e.g., "they've got to leave" ought to be "they must leave"...

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
you seem to enjoy standing on ceremony but also seem to have double-standards and engage in hypocrisy.
you've shown absolutely no respect to anyone, except your own precious anus, in this thread and ought to be ashamed of yourself.

all you've taught me is that you're a condescending prat.
you seem to me to be someone who makes no effort for anyone's sake and enjoys provoking, belittling and using out-of-line personal attacks. you're a joke of a human being.

if you were to crawl out from under your rock you'd see the world has moved on from the 16th century patronising attitude that you still seem to adopt.

are you a git to everyone, or just women? i am over-joyed to learn you have no children. they'd be pretty screwed up.

Oh dear, must be that time of the month.

Col

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
actually, both are grammatically correct depending on where you are. in terms of using "get" as a verb ('to get'):

in australia we'd use "got" rather than "gotten" - australia officially uses british english, and when i was in school there was a big reform to revert the british spelling of gaol (from the american jail). there were probably other words also, but this one stuck out for me because of the vastly different spelling of the two.
I told my mother I'd gotten it right and she was sending me to an archaic school, would she listen to me:mad::D

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
how about stating by using my username correctly. it's registered as "wiklendt", not "Wiklendt".
It's such an unusual name one just has to ask of its origins:confused:

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
It is correct grammar to use a capital letter for a name.

Col
Not always. There are some old english name which start with ff rather than a capital F so it is only polite to spell and pronounce names as the person would want.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
It is a mental defect, he can not help being an asshole and is out to prove how much of an ass he is to anyone who will answer any of his posts. And he has his only friend to back him up. Very few people find any of their banter intelligent, however, it is often rather amusing in a sad and pathetic way.

i thought it was proper to use the name someone has given themselves. you seem to enjoy standing on ceremony but also seem to have double-standards and engage in hypocrisy. that is you pick and choose when and to whom to show respect.

all you've taught me is that you're a condescending prat. it makes me feel better to know you're far, far, far, far away from me. it also saddens me that you think you're the only one who knows how to do anything "properly".

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Hey, If you don't like Colin's posts then don't read em...

He is entitled to his opinion, after all that is what Freedom of Speech is all about, or have I got that wrong ?

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Any you do not have to read or reply to mine either, or is this freedom just a British thing?

Hey, If you don't like Colin's posts then don't read em...

He is entitled to his opinion, after all that is what Freedom of Speech is all about, or have I got that wrong ?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Any you do not have to read or reply to mine either, or is this freedom just a British thing?

Why do some people have to bring nationality into everything?
Scott did not say or imply that he did not like your posts, just pointed out that if you do not like somebody's posts don't read them. I would suggest that atleast you don't respond, I have read but not responded to any the posts that I consider rubbish in this thread.

Brian

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
You are correct and I should perhaps try to reword my post so that it does not insult the British people as a whole. I will in future direct things at those Brits who are holes.
If everyone avoided responding to all of the rubbish posts then all of these threads would have stayed on topic. Many of us enjoy replying to some posts for the shear entertainment factor of hearing from those with their delusions of adequacy. Otherwise they would have left by now, or posted less frequently and started posting elsewhere. They have posted that they would do that many times, but in spite of the irony of their signature they have not delivered on the promis.

Why do some people have to bring nationality into everything?
Scott did not say or imply that he did not like your posts, just pointed out that if you do not like somebody's posts don't read them. I would suggest that atleast you don't respond, I have read but not responded to any the posts that I consider rubbish in this thread.

Brian

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
I think this thread has lost it's course somewhere, and unfortunately like most threads in this section ends up in Hostile (Across the Pond) Ping Pong .....

Does anybody know if any of Nostrodamuses predictions have not come true, and if so what ones, or what future ones we should look out for?

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
And you of course made the assumption that I was referring to you...

There is no end to the world as such a squallor predicted in our beliefs as in many other cultures. On the seventh time you enter the spirit world you have learned all about this world and you continue in the spirit world. Obviously this world eventually runs out of spirits.

You of course made the assumption that I was referring to you... Paranoid or what :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom