Default value: date (1 Viewer)

nick5196

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:42
Hi,
I have a sub table within a form containing some dates. I would like to create a default value which will be 12weeks (84 days) after the LAST RECORDED DATE.

*I can make this work for 84 days after todays date
date()+84
but am unsure of how to specify the last record/date.

Thanks allot
Nick

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 10:42
Use DMax() to find the last recorded date and then use DateAdd() to add the 84 days to it.

nick5196

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry I am still unsure of how to put these 3 together, could you specify a little more what i should type in the default value box.

Thank you very much
Nick

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Be aware that DMAX will find the maximum value in the field tested , which may or may not be the LAST RECORDED DATE.

Brian

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
So what you are saying is you want it in your default value for new records in tables? However not 84 days from today but from a date supplied by the user. Last recorded date?

How are you collecting the lat recorded date?

nick5196

Registered User.
Local time
Thats exactly correct DCrake, and DMax will be okay because the last recorded date will be the greatest...thanks for the concern BrianWarnock.

I am just unsure of how these should be combined within the box.

Thanks

nick5196

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry I missed the last line of your response, I am recording the date using a subtable within my main form. The dates are entered using a datepicker.

Hope that helps

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
What are the chances that the LAST RECORDED DATE will not be Today's Date?

Is the Last Recorded Date the field where Date()+84 will be Default? If this is the case, so the next Default Value would be Date()+84+84?

Following from Brian's comment, if you're going to test against a field, then you also need that field to have a Default Value of Date() so that you're sure the max of that field will be the last recorded date.

nick5196

Registered User.
Local time
There is a reasonably high chance. I have uploaded a copy of the DB to prevent confusion. Basically the client must go for a review every 12weeks and she want there to be a default value of 12 weeks after the last review date.

*you want to be looking in the tblReviewDates table and the field is reviewdate.

Thanks for all your help

Attachments

• Review_dates.accdb
    436 KB · Views: 86

nick5196

Registered User.
Local time
I have now normalized my table, how should the defult value "code" specifically read. I have been trying
but this is not recognised.

Thanks

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
DMax usage

x = DMax("YourDateFieldHere","YourTableHere","YourConditionHere")

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom